bought another line 6 - spider valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fretburner View Post
    I knew they would. They have to top the Spider Valve. Let's just hope Bogner is still involved!
    I'd be willing to bet that the power will be identical.

Comment

Ok, I don't want to start a flame, I love my podxt, this is just my impression. With the Spider-valve Line6 is like saying "sorry we failed to replicate tube feeling with modelling, but now we got the spider-valve!". I bet it sounds good though.

Comment

As long as it works, I don't care.... marketing is marketing, proof is when you take it to a gig and it does the job.

Pete

Comment

One mans shit is another mans jewel. If it works for you then who cares what someone else thinks. We all play better when we are comfortable with whatever chain of equipment we like the feel and tone of .. that's all that matters ...

I don't think anyone got anything wrong, they are just opening up to new market areas to round out their product lines . Why limit your market

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
          Ok, I don't want to start a flame, I love my podxt, this is just my impression. With the Spider-valve Line6 is like saying "sorry we failed to replicate tube feeling with modelling, but now we got the spider-valve!". I bet it sounds good though.
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Pete, I know you mention above it sounds better at higher volumes, but how does it sound at a lower volume? I saw one at GC today, but some kid was playing it and I didn't get a chance to try it out. I'm looking for something to screw around with at the house and it seems like a pretty good deal. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
              One mans shit is another mans jewel. If it works for you then who cares what someone else thinks. We all play better when we are comfortable with whatever chain of equipment we like the feel and tone of .. that's all that matters ...

I don't think anyone got anything wrong, they are just opening up to new market areas to round out their product lines . Why limit your market
              Absolutely!!!

Very cool Pete..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I bought a 1x12 Spider Valve yesterday and so far I am having a blast playing with it. As others have said, "Metal Blue" is a badass model. I had mine cranked today and the thing really does open up at higher volumes. I'm going back Monday to get the floorboard(none in stock yesterday) and then I can take this thing to rehearsal.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Mine went back: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...80#post1014680
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'm hearing too much positive shit about this new kumputor thingy with output power tubes. I"ll have to check one out...maybe buy one used when they all hit eBay and the classified once the honeymoon is over, as with the 5153's and JVMs' lol
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'll give you a bro price, Shawn.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                        I'll give you a bro price, Shawn.
                        That was quick...

Comment

I meant when I get bored with it, not yet. I think it's cooler than hell and a lot of fun. This little amp sounds great to my ears.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I went to G-Mart as well and you can't get on the thing.... too many kids checking it out, listening to them play Metallica on the wrong setting for an hour! I need a Scotch and Asprin......... I hate G-Mart!
                            Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

I'm too Old School I guess, but since when has there been an amp with any great built in effects that were used while gigging? Big Amp on Clean with Delay+Reverb+Distortion+Chorus+Tuner = Pedalboard

Hell yeah! Thats the sheeeiittt!
                              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                                I'm too Old School I guess, but since when has there been an amp with any great built in effects that were used while gigging? Big Amp on Clean with Delay+Reverb+Distortion+Chorus+Tuner = Pedalboard

Hell yeah! Thats the sheeeiittt!
                                You're on to something, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Ths SV has everything I need, and no more.

Comment

Working...
                                X