Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think theres a problem with my Vetta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think theres a problem with my Vetta...

I noticed at band practice last night that my Vetta isnt sounding right at all. Ive been noticing it more and more, but figured it was just environmental changes and the ear infection ive had for like a month... but last night is when I really noticed it

The bottom end is real flubbery... when palm muting certain ways, you know what sound I mean. Im using the Vetta 4x12 cab btw. Also everything just seems thin and weak, almost like Im playing through a cardboard box. I tried some other patches and they just dont sound right either.

Im running the amp/cab in stereo, and Im wondering if I had the OHM's set wrong? On the amp theres 4/8/16 and on the cab is (iirc) 2 mono 8 stereo/4 mono 16 stereo. What should I set both the cab and amp at? Could having those set wrong caused damage to either the amp or cab, or both? The Vetta was my first "real" amp so Im not all that experienced with OHM ratings when it comes to amps/cabs.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

You probably have it set up wrong. I would suggest joining the Line 6 forum or The Institute of Noise forums. Every question you could ever imagine has been asked and addressed.

Comment

Well I think Ive found the problem... looks like I cooked atleast one speaker. Ive been riding it pretty hard for the past few months, about 8 house a week of band level playing.

Im kinda surpised at this though... The head is on half power, and I dont need to put the volume up past 50%, so Im pretty upsed that its blown. Sounds fine and lower levels, but once I crank it, I almost cant even palm mute because its so flubbery.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

ah man that sucks! Those Vetta heads have some balls thats for sure. I used to have one but had to sell it. What brand are the speakers?

Comment

Dunno, I havent gotten a chance to pull the back off of the cab yet... but according to the specs theyre Celestion V30's. I guess Ill find out soon enough, Ive gotta do something because Ive got gigs Friday and Saturday!
          Last edited by RobRR; 11-19-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X