What should I get for pick-ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I get for pick-ups?

Well I'm going to be getting a charvel 475 and already have a guitar with emgs so I want to put passives in the charvel. It's alder with an H/S/S setup. I'm looking at either maybe a Pearly Gates, or an Invader in the bridge but I'm not sure what I want for the single coils. The guitar is going to be staying in E standard and I wanna use it for Rock and maybe some metal. I've never had to buy pups before so I'm not really sure what's good and what not.

Why don't you wait to see if you like the pickups that come with the guitar.

Comment

I really like the Invader personally, as I can get a full, heavy distorted tone in standard tuning rather than having to tune down. Of course, I play death metal, so that might not be quite what you're looking for. For single coils, you should decide if you want a "shimmering" clean tone like a traditional single coil, or a fatter tone that a stacked humbucker would give.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
        Why don't you wait to see if you like the pickups that come with the guitar.
        This is good advice
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

pups

I have xl650 as a second guitar and did not like the stock pickups and active boost.Sound was lame kind of...My PRS Ce24 HFS pickups were yust so much better
          So I replaced stock bridge pup with Duncan Distortion and...WHOA!!!
          I play my Charvell more than my PRS now
          The difference is HUGE.Those pups brought my XL650 to life!
          Am saving for single coils now...

Comment

Working...
          X