No announcement yet.

best solid state amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use the JC-120 along with a GT-8, so i am a little bias on what is the best solid state amp. they are built to last, loud as hell, and as mentioned i don't recall any other solid that are modeled to the degree they are. there has to be a reason, right?
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

i own a crate fw-120 212 and it has a great high gain sound. i know there is alot of crate haters out there (fuk em) but i like my fw-120 and i think the flexwave preamp sounds good on this amp and gives it a very heavy metal sound. the clean channel sounds good also.

Comment

I have a Crate GX-140c That i have had for years. My wife bought it for me about 10 years ago and although the input jack needs soldering it has never had a problem. I think this is the one with the Ampeg circuitry in it.

Comment

Rockman Xp100.. :P if ya can find one. Crate GLX stuff was real nice. Line 6 spiders if your on a budget. If you're not on a budget then the Line 6 vetta.
          does everythning and then some. The Vox Valvtronics stuff is nice too. Although the smaller ones are a bit limiting in its channel selections. (you only get 2 plus a bypass) The adVTX stuff is killer too. I have to second the Laney Linebacker. I had one and it was great. Still miss it too.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
            i use the JC-120 along with a GT-8, so i am a little bias on what is the best solid state amp. they are built to last, loud as hell, and as mentioned i don't recall any other solid that are modeled to the degree they are. there has to be a reason, right?
            I love that JC-120 patch on the POD and would love to take a crack at a real one. Does it play with pedals well?

Comment

I'd vote for the JC120

Comment

Line 6 gear, particularly Vetta.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  I love that JC-120 patch on the POD and would love to take a crack at a real one. Does it play with pedals well?
                  the GT8 and the JC120 are both Roland, and i think that is the amp they test their mods with? i would think the cleaner the amp, the better a POD, GT, etc.. would come across with the mods.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                  X