Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

I put my GT-8 in the loop. I am using it for effects, volume pedal, tuner, noise gate and EQ's. Killer. I know that many guys here bash the DSL100 but I am not one of them. I have had this amp head for over a year and it really sounds nice.
    I tried the 4CM method but for some reason the amp control on the GT8 isn't compatible with the DSL100 and it makes a ground hum.

I like everything about the DSL100, looks, clean channel, gain channel, responsiveness, and because its a 100w Marshall its PLENTY loud.

Anyway.... don't believe all the negative reviews on the DSL100 because IMHO.. its a darn good amp.

I agree. I love the DSLs. Hate the TSLs, though. Thinking about picking up a DSL50, in the coming year.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey jgcable do you have any audio clips recorded using yours? I bought one a few years ago and regret it. I just never jelled with it. I play USA Jacksons with custom custom and JB pickups. My issue is kind of overall harshness, and worst of all: a wah effect near the 1st string 12th fret. It doesn't matter what guitar I play, I sound like Kirk Hammett with the fuggin thing (in a bad way).

Comment

I've always loved the tone of the DSL's. Very underrated amps, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I put my GT-8 in the loop. I am using it for effects, volume pedal, tuner, noise gate and EQ's. Killer. I know that many guys here bash the DSL100 but I am not one of them. I have had this amp head for over a year and it really sounds nice.
          I tried the 4CM method but for some reason the amp control on the GT8 isn't compatible with the DSL100 and it makes a ground hum.

I like everything about the DSL100, looks, clean channel, gain channel, responsiveness, and because its a 100w Marshall its PLENTY loud.

Anyway.... don't believe all the negative reviews on the DSL100 because IMHO.. its a darn good amp.
          I had this amp and used it for 2 years and then sold it. The crunch mode is pretty good, and one more thing that i found out, this amp really wants 2 4x12 cabinets, 2 cabs make all the difference in the world.

And this amp will start sounding good when you turn the volume up , starting form 5 or 6 it sounds really good( not like those other new marshalls).

It is not a bad amp, just not for me, definately better than TSL 100 and other new marshalls.

Comment

Here is a guy i know form another forum who gets pretty nice sounds out of his DSL100 , here is a rush song that he coverd with his band.

Be sure you watch till the solo section, starting about 2:30.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Last edited by JC_Denton; 11-30-2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I had a DSL-50 head (last year) and imo it sounds the best with
              a GT-8 in the "Classic" green lit mode. Cuts thru and has a better
              defined clean tone imo. Glad your happy, and THIS is the most
              important thing..your ears! We all have our opinions, but we
              all have our own "holy grail" of what we think is killer tone.
              If you have found yours, enjoy!

Comment

The holy grail tone for me is the Soldano SLO100 but I can't live with the tempermental loop.

Probably a close second is the Mesa Mark III purple stripe.
                Amazing tone.. but pretty hard to dial in a good clean, crunch and lead tone.
                I am dumping the Vetta because I no longer need a wide range of tones. My band is getting heavier and I really only need clean, heavy and heavier.
                With that said.. the Vetta really is an amazing amp. I just need more of an old school presence both sonically and visually.

Comment

i'm totally digging my DSL100. i put some SED winged C's in and tweaked it out to where i can make it chuck, like you scooped mid fags like, but with the mids turned all the way up. so it hits heavy and screams in a musical way. my buddy now wants to dump his rectifier for a marshall rig.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                    i'm totally digging my DSL100. i put some SED winged C's in and tweaked it out to where i can make it chuck, like you scooped mid fags like, but with the mids turned all the way up. so it hits heavy and screams in a musical way. my buddy now wants to dump his rectifier for a marshall rig.
                    Hey I'm kind of a tube nube, can you fill me in on what SED winged C's are? I'd love to breathe new life into that old DSL dog if I can somehow.

Comment

The holy grail tone for me is the Soldano SLO100 but I can't live with the tempermental loop.

Probably a close second is the Mesa Mark III purple stripe.
                      Amazing tone.. but pretty hard to dial in a good clean, crunch and lead tone.
                      I am dumping the Vetta because I no longer need a wide range of tones. My band is getting heavier and I really only need clean, heavy and heavier.
                      With that said.. the Vetta really is an amazing amp. I just need more of an old school presence both sonically and visually.

What is the differnce between purple and blue stripe Mark III.

Comment

Does the dsl50 head suffer of overheating issues or other tech problems?

Comment

I had a TSL100 for a short term and I hated the thing, now I have the model pack on a pod xt and I'm loving the JCM 2000 modeler, go figure
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

If you have a reliable one that you like, that's great. My buddy had a lemon that was in the shop 3 times in the 6 months he owned it, and the Marshall dealer refused to replace the brand-new head that kept failing. He finally dumped it for a song and got a JSX head instead, which sounds great and has been very reliable for a couple of years now.

It's all about what works - reliably - and sounds good to your ears.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X