Clear All

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
    that orange marshall is sick!
    +1
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Love my Marshall amps - but lately I've been exploring Vox AC30's because of their clean tones.
      I still have a DSL100 head, one straight 1960 and one slant 1960 I'd like to sell, but I love the damn things.
      Strat God Music
      http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Drazden View Post
        I have this exact head, except mine doesn't say 'orange crush' on the corner. There may be a glue mark where something was removed there; or I may be stupid.

What's the deal? I just saw it on craigslist last year, and was like, 'Sick!' and bought it. It sounds amazing, but I have no idea why it's orange!
        From what I know, the Orange Crush Marshalls came out in 1998 for NAMM. I think they were a special promotion for the release of the (at that time) new JCM2000 line. I think 100 DSL100's were made, but I think some other Marshalls got the "Orange Crush" badge as well, like some of the ATV series.

I knew when I saw it that I had to have it.

It might be that these earlier "first release" DSL100's were watched a little more carefully (better QC?) since they were new at the time, and maybe made a little better? It has the Drake transformers (I hear a lot of people complaining about Marshall switching to Dagnal a few years later). All I know is that it works great and sounds great.

I've heard that AC/DC toured with quite a few Orange Crush Marshalls, but I've only heard that once.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
          The TSL is a different beast than the DSL. I couldn't dial a decent tone on a TSL to save my life, but the DSL was real easy.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
            Love my Marshall amps - but lately I've been exploring Vox AC30's because of their clean tones.
            I still have a DSL100 head, one straight 1960 and one slant 1960 I'd like to sell, but I love the damn things.

Hey Jeff, I was hoping to score your old JCM900 from Pete. I want to explore an amp switcher live and use a DSL100 for the high gain stuff and the JCM900 for the clean tones. I plan on using an old Intellifex or a TRS24.
            I really did the VOX AC30 tones myself. I still plan one day to get a Matchless Spitfire and do some serious recording with it.

Comment

I've had nothing but compliments on my DSL100 tone, and it's not just my playing I assure you. I got my DSL after seeing Akira Takasaki of LOUDNESS absolutely DESTROY with his DSL half-stack. The amp did/does not disappoint me, and I'd buy another in a second if something happened to this one. My friend's TSL is also a monster of tone. Either will do the metal thing better than my JCM800.

Comment

Last Summer when I was "watching" my neighbors gear while he was selling his house, I had a DSL100 half-stack to mess with. I liked it but liked his Engl620 -> Mesa 50/50 better. And I liked his ADA MP-1 into the 50/50 the best (although it was noisy). But the DSL was cool, there's just something about playing through a Marshall half-stack.

JC - your friend's 2112 clip was great! And that's coming from a huge Rush fan.

Although that drummer needs a lot more pieces in his kit -lol.
                Last edited by jwoods986; 11-30-2007, 10:33 AM.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

not a big fan of newer Marshalls... but that goddamn metal zone pedal works really well with DSL100, It sucks with most amps... but with Marshalls and specially with DSL100 it's great, I've dialed Gary Moore-ish attacky sound with that combination..... attack is something this amp alone seriously lacks
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    JC - your friend's 2112 clip was great! And that's coming from a huge Rush fan.

hehe , i'll defintely let him know about that nice comment you made

Comment

I really liked the sound of the DSL I tried out last year. Sounded great.

Wouldn't mind getting a DSL50 2nd hand one day as a 2nd amp/backup to the Peavey Valveking.
                      Last edited by slashrox; 12-03-2007, 11:38 PM.
                      Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
                      Fender Stratocaster (2006)
                      Jackson PC-1 (2012)
                      Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
                      Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
                      Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

The DSL100 is an all around great amp. Simple tweaking can really make it sound great. We retubed ours and set the bias a little cold. The amp is now crisp and clear. I think my new JCM900 sounds better but only slightly. The DSL has more gain, more bottom and it is certainly more flexible. I like the difinitive unmistakeable tone of the 900 better but thats my old ears talking. I really don't like a scooped nu-metal bottom heavy tone. Its all about the midrange for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X