Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mesa half stack is playing a radio station wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dual Rec used to do that with cheap instrument cables

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
      i turned it on, turned it up, and I'm hearing this weird radio station about Jesus or something. It's weird. The amp is only connected to an AC outlet and my guitar, no pedals or anything. How is this even possible, explanation?
      Wow. I took my dual rec into the studio 2 weeks ago. Once the mic placement work was done and we fired up big volume, we could hear a faint radio station broadcast from it. We laughed about it in between takes. I checked the cables and they're all good. Pretty funny, but of little concern.

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
        Wow. I took my dual rec into the studio 2 weeks ago. Once the mic placement work was done and we fired up big volume, we could hear a faint radio station broadcast from it. We laughed about it in between takes. I checked the cables and they're all good. Pretty funny, but of little concern.
        By dual rec used to play the local Spanish news station.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
          You're hearing short-wave radios - probably from other continents.
          Happens under certain atmospherical conditions.
          Yep, every once in awhile I'll hear some faint radio signals through my amp.
          I just hope it's not the opposite, where someone can hear my guitar through their radio or another amp, because I'd be real embarrased for them to hear my horrible playing.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Yep, every once in awhile I'll hear some faint radio signals through my amp.
            I just hope it's not the opposite, where someone can hear my guitar through their radio or another amp, because I'd be real embarrased for them to hear my horrible playing.
            Now that's funny.

Comment

I got that beat.
              With the gain turned up on my Zinky Blue Velvet 50, I get Dr. Laura in the morning, Rush Limbag in the afternoon, and Sean Hannity in the evening.
              For christsakes I'll trade you stations. Jesus would be just alright with me.

Comment

Well, you can't escape whams - last christmas... they are everywhere.
                "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

Working...
                X