• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, at least its not Dumble pricing

Congratulations Tim...sounds like a killer low watter
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Congrats, sounds like a cool little rig. I completely agree about 6V6's over EL84's as well (although 2 low wattage amp with each of those tubes makes for a great tone)...my main small club amp (when I'm not playing metal) is '68 Deluxe Reverb. You can't beat the 6V6's for "fattness" at lower wattages.

Comment

Cool. Thanks! I am already giving myself a nice Christmas treat... a Dave Mustaine Dean V in silver. My amp GAS is up, too, so I might have to go for one of those soon as well. When using my Uni now, I usually either use an EL84 or 6G6. I'll have to check out a 6V6 and 6K6, too.
        Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        The Univalve and Tiny Terror aren't in the same league at all. I never really dug the Univalve - it was neat at first but that wore off quickly. The Tiny Terror is a better rock amp than the Univalve although it's a bit less versatile. The Tiny Terror looks cool and sure is small and portable.

But when it comes to tone and versatility the Bogner wins hands down. There is no comparison IMO. The Bogner has more features as well: effects loop (that works with pedals!), channel switching, nice reverb, and an excellent tremolo.

Another cool amp to look at if you are searching for a 15-20 watt amp is the Suhr Badger. It's basically a feature packed 18-watt Marshall - BTW, the 18-watt Marshall reissues are rippin' good but you'd need a pedal in front of it for heavy stuff.

Joe, it's Christmas time - give yourself a treat
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats a great review Tim. You always get the coolest gear. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Thats a great review Tim. You always get the coolest gear. Thanks!
            +1 Thanks for the report. A very good review on an amp I haven't heard yet. I'll have to check it out.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah Tim, youre the greatest!

Ok, maybe youre 2nd, after Jessica.

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Wow..that should cure any hang-'em-ups about ass eatin'..

Don't look Jimmy!!!:ROTF:

I'm gonna lick the screen..fuggit, I'm gonna!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Here's a "stack" with Port City oversize 1x12 cabs:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

So far everything I have thrown at it sounds excellent - although my R4 Les Paul wasn't doing it for me on the overdrive channel - it was just OK (not bad though). Other guitars have been a PRS Santana III with Santana II pickups, PRS SC245, Suhr Strat with Fralin Blues Specials, and GMW Esquire - they all sounded superb.

It just so happens that I also just got a handful of pedals - Keeley compressor, switchless Crybaby, and 4 different Catalinbread pedals - Hyper Pak (overdrive/distortion), Ottava Magus (Octavia style), Semaphore (tremolo), Serrano Picoso (clean boost). The only pedal that I didn't like in this setup was the Serrano Picoso with the Suhr Strat - it got ice picky - that could just be the pedal though.

I experimented with a number of speaker choices in the cabs. I ended up with one V30 and one Greenback.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Does the "S" at the front of the Port City cab serve as a diffractor? I guess it would whether or not it was intentional. Looks very nice, Tim.

Comment

I played one of those today. It was the combo and I loved it. Although for the price I can dang near get into a Shiva which is more my ball of wax. Killer amp tho. Loved the dirty channel with the master cranked. F-ing loud too.

Comment

Two years ago when Bogner brought out the first Duende amp, I watched them demo it at NAMM with a Les Paul. Reverb, tremelo, etc... all sounded killer to me! I thought it was a kickass little amp! After that they weren't available for the longest time and now Tim has one. Congrats! I don't think I've ever heard such a thing as a bad Bogner.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                            Yeah Tim, youre the greatest!

Ok, maybe youre 2nd, after Jessica.

Which Jessica is that? Doesn't look muscular enough to be Jessica Biel. Nice turdcutter tho...

Comment

Jessica Alba of course. HOT! HOT! HOT!

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                Jessica Alba of course. HOT! HOT! HOT!

I think the term you're searching for is Goddess...

Comment

Working...
                                X