Peavey Triple Xxx Is The Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
    So tell me what do you call the build quality of the internal things ? Since it's not the term build quality i'd like to know what you americans call it. Remember i am german so english isn't my mother language. So you possibly can enlighten me ?
    Also i am wondering what's the benefit of having a nicely builded cabinet if the internals are made very poorly and the amp case will survive a drop from a few feet but the internals will shatter ?

Flo
    my post is not about build quality, my post is about me talking about my new amp. so go back to the build quality post that you have visited and get your answer there. i am a guitar player and not an amp tech.
    Last edited by jaydog; 11-29-2007, 03:14 AM.

Comment

[quote=shreder13;1016596]The triple X is a little harsh for my ears also but at least you got a good deal on it and like it.

(p.s. Infernal Death, don't listen to jaydog he dosn't seem to grasp the fact that other people can hold other opinions )

shreder 13, i guess the 13 is your age so grow up jackass . :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
        Great amp and great deal man. I almost pulled the trigger on one after playing it but decided to go with a Splawn Nitro. The XXX I played was kinda buzzy sounding but it was a beast. Good choice!
        thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jaydog View Post
          Statements like this make you the one who needs to grow up.

Infernal Death made a valid point when talking about the internal build quality. No matter how sturdy the casing of the amp is, it doesn't matter if the internals aren't built as tough.

Just for the record, I'd love to have a Triple XXX, I think it sounds badass!
          -Janne

Comment

Originally posted by ExodusAttack View Post
            Statements like this make you the one who needs to grow up.

Infernal Death made a valid point when talking about the internal build quality. No matter how sturdy the casing of the amp is, it doesn't matter if the internals aren't built as tough.

Just for the record, I'd love to have a Triple XXX, I think it sounds badass!
            you are missing the point here. a big deal is being made over build quality . all that matters is the amp sounds good and it doesn't fall apart in my hands when i carry it. i guess you put everything under the microscope also. and for the record it does sound badass and it's (BUILT LIKE A TANK).
            Last edited by jaydog; 12-02-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

just for the record EAT SHIT!!!
              Huh...I'm with Infernal on this one.
              Perhaps internal build quality is a personal problem
              with you, jaydog.

It doesn't matter what the cab looks like, poor build
              quality shows up as pots pulling out of boards, solder
              joints coming apart, thin pc boards, etc.
              I'll take my hand wired sixties amp over nearly any modern
              pc board amp, for durability.

Comment

you are missing the point here. a big deal is being made over build quality . all that matters is the amp sounds good and it doesn't fall apart in my hands when i carry it. i guess you put everything under the microscope also. and for the record it does sound badass and it's (BUILT LIKE A TANK).

Comment

Actually I'm 19, wait for your balls to drop then come back and learn to stop being an a-hole to anyone who disagrees with you, you prepubescent girl.
                  Last edited by shreder13; 12-02-2007, 04:59 PM.
                  Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Why, oh why did I jump in?
                    Here, I'll build an amp to your standards: The case will be
                    steel reinforced fingerjointed pine, kind of like my Ampeg V4. But inside,
                    it will rival a Crate from 1985. Twist the volume knob, and the
                    legs will pull right out of the circuit board. Good enough!

Comment

A peavey Triple XXX, is made in the US. So, that should tell us something. its indeed built like a tank. I owned the 5150 head and its was an amazing piece of work. Everything looked and felt good. None of the knobs are made of plastic shafts like the JVM if I'm not wrong? I have played on a XXX head before and for sure it is built very well to withstand the rigors of gigging and such. That said, yeah no amp will withstand it if you keep dropping it off the top of a 4x12.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        A peavey Triple XXX, is made in the US. So, that should tell us something. its indeed built like a tank. I owned the 5150 head and its was an amazing piece of work. Everything looked and felt good. None of the knobs are made of plastic shafts like the JVM if I'm not wrong? I have played on a XXX head before and for sure it is built very well to withstand the rigors of gigging and such. That said, yeah no amp will withstand it if you keep dropping it off the top of a 4x12.
                        thank you emperor, they don't comprehend to well. they are all caught up on this build quality crap. hell, there is allready a post on build quality which they can go to. again, i'm a guitar player and not an amp tech. i guess i should launch my amp off a skyscraper for them to see how the build quality is for my amp.

Comment

Never Mind...

Comment

thank you emperor, they don't comprehend to well. they are all caught up on this build quality crap. hell, there is allready a post on build quality which they can go to. again, i'm a guitar player and not an amp tech. i guess i should launch my amp off a skyscraper for them to see how the build quality is for my amp.
                            Some of us are gear heads and we're just curious to see what's inside. I do this with my Peavey 6505 plus, just to see how they build it, where they position the tubes..or to see if it's easy for me to change the tubes without biasing it..even though it says on the back that it can be changed without biasing..I'm always skeptical, you know? It seems that you are a primarily a guitar player, not as obsessed with gear as some of us here are, which is fine. I'm both a guitar player and a gear head, and the German kind gentleman just asked how the build quality was inside and even though English was not his first language, he made an EFFORT to ask YOU a question and you berated him with an immature remark. I do get your point, but the thing is..do you get ours?

Comment

Good choice. I've had both the TripleXXX and Blue Voodoo's as amps. Both are great amps, but very different tonally. Bang for the buck, you can't beat the BV on the used market. But then again, the Triple is really affordable now too.

Have fun with it.

Comment

wow, interesting thread. Somebody had a bad day. I didn't think Infernals comment or question was out of line at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X