Thinking of getting a VHT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting a VHT...

I've always liked the way the VHT's sound, but have never played the Deliverance. I have a line on one in great shape but can't play it prior to buying.

Who's played one? Impressions?

Thanks

Go for it. Especially if you always liked them. They are great amps..you really can't go wrong with a VHT.

Credible folks here said the Deliverance is the one I would really like because of the gain. I'll try it when I come across one. I'm going to GC this weekend..so maybe.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pull the triger. What is he asking for it?
      Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Originally posted by madryan View Post
        I've always liked the way the VHT's sound, but have never played the Deliverance. I have a line on one in great shape but can't play it prior to buying.

Who's played one? Impressions?

Thanks
        *raises hand*

I love my deliverance

it's the most responsive amp I've ever played (in terms of how it reacts to the guitar volume knob, and picking intensity); absolutely amazing in that regard. I haven't had any amp GAS since getting it. Everything from clean to edge-of-breakup, to mid-gain crunch to high gain suitable for death metal

that said, it is a single channel amp, with no loop; so if either of those are deal-breakers, look elsewhere. As much as it cleans up with rolling back the guitar volume, you can't go from all out death metal gain to fender twin crystal clean (though I go from death metal gain to 'clean-with-a-bit-of-hair' by a combination of rolling back the volume and/or switching to a single coil and picking more lightly. sometimes I 'palm' the pick and switch to fingerpicking. I think over the time I've had it, it's made me a better player.

Also, in my experience some people just don't gel with the VHT sound/feel - It's very tight, and very non-compressed/non-saturated (although you can use a boost to saturate it up nicely) and will definitely expose mistakes in playing, etc. Without being able to play it before buying, it's hard to say whether someone will like it. People who gel with the feel will rave about it being responsive, and people who don't generally complain that it's 'dry'/too stiff. I think it's really a matter of personal preference.

If it's a good price (so that you could turn around and sell it again with little or no loss), then I say go for it! the best way to test drive an amp is to actually own it, so you can try it in the exact context you'd actually be playing it in, rather than a guitar store showroom, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions or want more specific info or anything

Comment

That amp rocks!
          Do it

and ^^^^^^^^what he said
          ///MK
          http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

SIG__X coming out next month.... anxiously waiting for mine.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
              SIG__X coming out next month.... anxiously waiting for mine.
              that one I definitely wanna hear when they finally get here

Comment

So I sent the guy half of the money on it as I'm waiting on a wire transfer for the other half... I'm getting it for $1000 shipped plus paypal fees. If I don't like it I can always get what I have into it back.

Comment

Originally posted by yabba View Post
                  *raises hand*

Also, in my experience some people just don't gel with the VHT sound/feel - It's very tight, and very non-compressed/non-saturated (although you can use a boost to saturate it up nicely) and will definitely expose mistakes in playing, etc. Without being able to play it before buying, it's hard to say whether someone will like it. People who gel with the feel will rave about it being responsive, and people who don't generally complain that it's 'dry'/too stiff. I think it's really a matter of personal preference.
                  Nice description of the VHT sound. I have used a 100CLX for many years and swear by it. Great tone, very responsive controls, and plenty of gain with clarity. It also records really well.
                  GM,
                  www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Go for it. Especially if you always liked them. They are great amps..you really can't go wrong with a VHT.

Credible folks here said the Deliverance is the one I would really like because of the gain. I'll try it when I come across one. I'm going to GC this weekend..so maybe.

Tell me what you think.... I was looking at one of those after christmas as they look pretyt slick and good for the price.

Comment

So I sent the guy half of the money on it as I'm waiting on a wire transfer for the other half... I'm getting it for $1000 shipped plus paypal fees. If I don't like it I can always get what I have into it back.

that's a good price

Comment

Good plan

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                          Good plan
                          I rather thought so... Every once in a while I do something stupid and try something I did years ago only to find that it still sucks... I just bought a really clean L-6 Flextone and sure enough... Solid State still sucks... So I'm eagerly awaiting my new VHT.

Comment

I rather thought so... Every once in a while I do something stupid and try something I did years ago only to find that it still sucks... I just bought a really clean L-6 Flextone and sure enough... Solid State still sucks... So I'm eagerly awaiting my new VHT.
                            I think we all do that.

Comment

Working...
                            X