Quality Multi Effects Pedal On A Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Multi Effects Pedal On A Budget

i'm looking for a good quality multi effects pedal or rack unit that will be easy on my wallet. the one thing i don't want on the pedal/rack unit is amp modeling. the effects i'm needing is chorus, delay, reverb, flange.

thank you,
    Last edited by jaydog; 11-29-2007, 06:11 AM.

How much are you set on a pedal ? If not so much you should look into the G-Major. Together with a small midi pedal it's a very nice combination and fulfils what you are looking for (minus the pedal thing). It's very nice unit and can be found on ebay cheap.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
      How much are you set on a pedal ? If not so much you should look into the G-Major. Together with a small midi pedal it's a very nice combination and fulfils what you are looking for (minus the pedal thing). It's very nice unit and can be found on ebay cheap.

Flo
      is it a rack unit or something like that?

Comment

Yeah, rack multieffect unit + midi foot controller, if g-major is too expensive check out a used Rocktron Intellifex. I think that you cand find it used for 150$?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
          Yeah, rack multieffect unit + midi foot controller, if g-major is too expensive check out a used Rocktron Intellifex. I think that you cand find it used for 150$?
          it sounds expensive, is g-major the name brand or model name?

Comment

guys, my main thing is to avoid modeling pedals i just want bare bones multi effects in one unit.

Comment

G-Major
              Boss ME-50
              Intellifex
              Digitech TRS-24

Zoom makes some floor mounted units.

Comment

Yes the G-Major is a rack unit, brand is TC Electronic. They are known for high-quality effect units (guitar and studio).
                Webpage is here:
                http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Major.asp

And yes, it's "just" a effect unit, no amp modeling. I am using a G-Major and it's very cool. I think if you want to have something better you have to look into units which are much more expensive.
                So together with a midi pedal to control it it might just be what you are looking for.
                And i agree with Mordor, you can find Rocktron Intellifex for even less if the G-Major is too expensive. But i guess you can find used G-Major for $250-300.

Flo
                http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

You want a Yamaha MagicStomp. It's basically an SPX-90 in a pedal (which is what *everyone* used back in the day). This is a brilliant effects pedal and they can be had very cheap on Ebay.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    You want a Yamaha MagicStomp. It's basically an SPX-90 in a pedal (which is what *everyone* used back in the day). This is a brilliant effects pedal and they can be had very cheap on Ebay.

Tim is correct. The SPX-90 was THE processor to have back in the day.
                    I have heard nothing but great things regarding the MagicStomp and take it from Tim.. he knows gear.

Comment

A great pedal that is cheap is the Boss BE-5. It has 5 pedals built in, literally - Has Overdrive/Distortion, Noise supressor, Chorus, Delay, and Compressor.

That's a Boss OS-2, NF-1, CE-2, DD-2(3?), and CS-3 all in a cheesy plastic enclosure.

I guess it doesn't fit your need because it doesn't have reverb and flange. Nevermind.

The magic stomp is probably a great choice.
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

thanks for the help guys i will look into these products.

Comment

this is the one i'm looking into... boss me-20
                          seems to have basic effects, tuner, wah/volume... and hopefully very few artist settings... i'll have to go check it out in person.
                          http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=168
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Careful with the Magicstomp. I had one, and while the effects are great sounding and quite flexible, they DO have issues. the footswitches are buggy, and some of the effects, like certain delays and reverbs, drop in volume, the more you wetten the signal. This is how it was on the first version, at least. I couldn't stand those probs, and took mine back. Shame, cause I really dug the effects, too.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

I just bought one only because I wanted a few of the effects in it.
                              Zoom 505-II

I paid $29.99 for it used at Daddy's Junky Music. Its flawless condition. They had at least 5 used ones in their Orange, CT store.

The nice thing about it is that you can turn off every individual effect which means you can turn off the distortion totally and just pick the effects you want. It has all the normal ones and several studio effects.
                              The down side is that you can only pick one effect from every group when you save it to a preset so basically for instance you can have a compressor, delay, chorus, EQ at the same time but you couldn't have a chorus and a flanger or a delay and echo. The other nice thing about it is that it has a patch level which means you can set up patches at increased volume levels and use them for solo boost.
                              There is no on an off switch. You unplug your guitar and its off.
                              Its fairly transparent in the loop, it has all the effects a guitar player could want (they aren't very tweakable but the factory did a great job of giving you useable presets of all the effects) and it has the famous Zoom ZNR noise reduction which works great. It also has an acoustic simulator and an auto wah.
                              Another short coming is that there is no way to bypass it. The only way to do it is to set up a preset with all the 505 features turned off.
                              How can you beat it for $30.00 !!! I bought it until I get all the stomp boxes I need for my new Marshall rig.
                              So far I have a DOD 250 and a YJM308 coming, I am hoping to score a Bad Horsie wah, a chorus and a delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X