No announcement yet.

Quality Multi Effects Pedal On A Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha Dg Stomp is the best small multi I've used... has the essentials, and you can tweak all the settings quickly and easily, no scrolling through shit and trying to remember what code means what.

Check it out, analog style knobs in a row to tweak your tone. What a concept!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
      Yamaha Dg Stomp is the best small multi I've used... has the essentials, and you can tweak all the settings quickly and easily, no scrolling through shit and trying to remember what code means what.

Check it out, analog style knobs in a row to tweak your tone. What a concept!

Pete

The DG Stomp is indeed a nice piece but its not the easiest on the wallet. They sell for a fair amount even used.

Comment

Zoom or used ART multi verb rack unit .

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Another short coming is that there is no way to bypass it. The only way to do it is to set up a preset with all the 505 features turned off.
          If it's like the regular 505, hitting both switches at once bypasses the effects as it goes into tuner mode. Probably not a true bypass, but it turns off the effects. Then tap either switch and it goes back to the last preset you had selected.

Just make sure you disengage the mute option for the tuner function if you want to use it for a bypass this way. It's easier than having to scroll to a preset that has the effects turned off, IMO.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            If it's like the regular 505, hitting both switches at once bypasses the effects as it goes into tuner mode. Probably not a true bypass, but it turns off the effects. Then tap either switch and it goes back to the last preset you had selected.

Just make sure you disengage the mute option for the tuner function if you want to use it for a bypass this way. It's easier than having to scroll to a preset that has the effects turned off, IMO.
            Thanks bro.. works like a charm. Now why didn't I think of that!!

Comment

I bought a 505 II, it can't be beat for the money... was my headphone rig of choice during my army service time, nowadays I use it as a tuner before gigs and when I'm over at my buddy's house I plug with it into his computer and sound better than his Boss GT5 into Peavey practice amp.

If it ever went bad, I'd get another one. Such a convenient little unit.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

The DG Stomp is indeed a nice piece but its not the easiest on the wallet. They sell for a fair amount even used.
                Quick look at ebay shows em having sold from $73 to $103.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                  Quick look at ebay shows em having sold from $73 to $103.

Pete
                  That certainly seems easy on the wallet. I though they were selling for around $150.00 used.
                  Thanks Pete

Comment

That certainly seems easy on the wallet. I though they were selling for around $150.00 used.
                    Thanks Pete
                    They used to be more, I think the magicstomp drove the prices down. I prefer the DG though, because sometimes you just need to spin a knob real quick and not go through a bunch of menus. I think I got mine for like $99 shipped a few months ago. Great gig insurance too, since they do have modelling you can turn off/on.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                    X