Anybody know Kasha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know Kasha?

Has anyone here spent time playing with the Kasha amps and their QuickMod? I understand the quickmod had something to do with Soldano at one point.

If it wasn't so pricey, I'd grab one to see if it could put more grind into my Univalve.

Kasha mods and pre-amps where popular in the mid to late 80's and early 90's. They sounded pretty good but I don't think they had anything to do with Mike Soldano. As far as I know they never made amps.

Check ebay as they pop up on there once in a while.

Comment

My friend had one for a while and it was pretty sweat, had a very musical tone
      Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I had a Rockmod II preamp. It was cool and well constructed. Sounded great - perfect for an 80's hard rock/metal sound. They are pretty rare. I ended up selling it and keeping my Soldano SP-77 in favor of the Kasha, and a Rocktron Pirahna.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          I had a Rockmod II preamp. It was cool and well constructed. Sounded great - perfect for an 80's hard rock/metal sound. They are pretty rare. I ended up selling it and keeping my Soldano SP-77 in favor of the Kasha, and a Rocktron Pirahna.
          A friend of mine had both the Rockmod I and Rockmod II. He said the circuit boards were covered in epoxy though, so that no one could steal his design and that no one else could repair them. I guess his idea was to just swap out the boards if anything went bad.

Anyway, my buddy's units had the epoxy-coated boards. Did yours?
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had a Rockmod II for a while too and really liked it. I made the opposite choice, sold my SP-77 and kept the Kasha. I only sold mine because I decided to go back to heads rather than racks. It's a great sounding, extremely solid preamp. Yes, it did have epoxy all over the circuit board. The Kasha is a real sleeper IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X