Power Conditioner Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Conditioner Recommendations?

Anyone have recommendations? I'm not looking to spend a lot, but don't want anything cheesy either. ...Thank yous in advance.

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    Anyone have recommendations? I'm not looking to spend a lot, but don't want anything cheesy either. ...Thank yous in advance.
    You can't get a power conditioner without spending a lot. Anyone who makes claims that their $150 rack strip filters, conditions, whatever the power is full of it. You're basically paying for a surge protector with some neat LED lights that you can rack mount. As I understand it, if you truly want power conditioning it has to have some sort of transformer in it, and you're looking at somewhere in the $500+ range.

Comment

Furman,Juice Goose, Behringer make some good ones.
      Google and read up on them to help you in your quest.
      Music go round web site usually has a few and they run used for $40.00.
      Last edited by straycat; 12-09-2007, 01:18 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm considering this myself. Anyone know the advantage/disadvantage of the Furman AR 15 II vs. Furman 1215 conditioners? Trying to figure out which to go with since I believe the crappy voltage in the club we played last Saturday caused me to have to put my Bogner Uberschall back in its roadcase, could not even use it that night Back in the summer I ran into problems there as well. The head performs flawlessly at practice but at this club drops volume to the point it is unplayable.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

As I said, any power strip will work as well as the $100 units from Furman. If you want dependable, clean power it's got to have a transformer of some sort to buffer the power it's just a power strip.

Comment

I know my Juice Goose is pretty heavy so is the other one I have.
            May have to take it apart and look.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X