Vetta II vs. JC-120 with GT-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta II vs. JC-120 with GT-8

this is something i was kind of wondering due to the soild state question. i have the Roland combo and i am a happy camper with it, but i was thinking what i'm i missing out with the Vetta that my Boss and JC can't do? or what are the advantage of either over the other? does the Boss have a more to offer that a Line 6 as far as modeling? at least i think the JC can do a better JC than the Vetta
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

effects-wise, the GT-8 has a great acoustic simulator, but otherwise on effects you're about even.

the main difference is that a properly dialled in Vetta will sound more like a tube amp than your solid state JC-120 will.
    there is headroom in the Vetta's stereo output and digital modeling plus cab sims that normal solid state amps don't have.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I thought you were talking about putting a GT-8 in front of a Vetta II!! How freakin' effects overkill would THAT be!

Comment

hehheh... me too. i opened the thread just to say wtf?

Comment

I'm using a GT-8 with a Peavey JSX. Best of both worlds, IMHO. If I need some specialized amp model that the JSX itself can't emulate, I can get it from my GT-8 and run it through the clean channel.

Comment

Working...
          X