Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Super 3

Freaking Rocks!

I've had a super 3 sitting around for over a year now and I finally decided to drop it in my SL1 tonight.

If I could go back a year and tell my lazy ass to install it I would. Man, I've been missing out, what a cool pickup.

-Steve.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

I installed one in my 5A... nice and fat.
    Love the Super 3.
    -Rick

Comment

Works great in some guitars, not as great in others... I thought Bill's Koa SD-2 Re-issue (I think that's what they call that) was stellar with one, ordered one from JC, put it in my Charvel 475 and didn't like it that much compared to his guitar.

Comment

The Super 3 in my PC-1 sounded like butt. I like the regular Super Distortion though.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          The Super 3 in my PC-1 sounded like butt. I like the regular Super Distortion though.
          The super D smoked in my old Ibanez RG. I wouldn't mind another one, they're great pickups.

-Steve
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

The Super III is a very mid-focused pickup and seems to work better in heavier guitars that have more top/bottom end going. In a lightweight, "midrangey" guitar, it sounds like ass.

Comment

I'm trying to decide between the super d and super 3 for my partsocaster that i'm building (alder body,all maple neck, floyd), could anyone describe the diffrence between the two?

Of course there is the Dimarzio website and such, but i would like to hear how your ears hear the diffrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                The Super III is a very mid-focused pickup and seems to work better in heavier guitars that have more top/bottom end going. In a lightweight, "midrangey" guitar, it sounds like ass.

Pretty much a textbook explanation for my problem.

Comment

I have a Heavy Metal strat that I'm restoring and it came with a Super III. It's not a heavy guitar, so I wonder how it will sound. I haven't heard the Super III yet, the HM strat came with a some weird pickup (PJ Marx maybe?).

Comment

Super III's kick ass in my model 2 and 3a.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                    X