• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's your setup?
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      what's your setup?
      I'm going 4 cable method into a Laney GH50L tube head and 4x12 cab. No other effects used. Guitar was a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, its got EMGs in it. We were playing pretty loud to match the drummer but it wasn't insanley loud.
      I turned down the input and output level as well as a few other things on the pedal and some of them helped but I'm still having a few issues with the feedback. I'm going to mess with it more today and see what I can do.

Comment

If you are using the 4CM, I bet you want to use your amp's pre into the GT8 and use it only for FX/OD?

Is that the way you use your GT8?

To start from scratch, you should create a blanck patch and only set the loop to ON, with a send/return volume of 100... Then add the FX you want.

I use the 4CM with a Marshall DSL50, I'm pretty happy with my set-up and I don't have any feedback issues...

Give us more details if you want some help.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The way I'm running it is basically just using the poweramp section of my amp. None of the controls have any effect except for presence and master volume.The GT8 is set for preamp and effects. The global setting is on one of the amp settings, not phones.
          I was very happy with the sound at a medium level, it was loud enough for some slight jamming but not for full on band. I think I've managed to get some of the feedback down, then again at near full volume you have to expect some feedback if your not careful and use high gain.

Comment

Ok, the way you use it is not the 4CM, you are using it into the ''FX return/poweramp in'' of your amp.

My best advice would be to cut the gain of your preamp setting on the GT8, if you are using the 5150 or Mesa simulations, set the amp to ""mid-gain"" and use a gain level of around 60-70... Use the solo switch to add some more grind when playing lead.

Good luck.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I am infact experimenting with "Low" gain settings of the 5150 and rectifier models and with high gain on the overdrive and distortion boxes and the amps are sounding much more natural. The real tone of the amp is coming through. Now, I can set the treble and presence way high and still get less fizz with all the grind.
              Sam

Comment

OMG, this thread makes me realize how "untapped" my GT-8 is. I liked it right out of the box with a few minor tweaks. I run it into a Marshal EL84 20/20 power amp and I seem to get decent tones out of it.

I have a good line on a JCM900 combo, not sure how that will work compared to my current set-up.

I have had lots of experience with Line6 stuff. I liked it for fooling around and the tone was ok, but I always found it to just be missing something live, no matter how many different amps and setups I tried.

Comment

Amen to that. I recently got a Carvin TS100 power amp and when I replaced the Crate Power block with the carvin, instant tone heaven! A Marshall patch which used to sound bassy and muddy through the PB was crisp, clear and full sounding.

now, I am wondering why I even bid and won the auction for the JMP-1 which is already on its way.
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    Amen to that. I recently got a Carvin TS100 power amp and when I replaced the Crate Power block with the carvin, instant tone heaven! A Marshall patch which used to sound bassy and muddy through the PB was crisp, clear and full sounding.

now, I am wondering why I even bid and won the auction for the JMP-1 which is already on its way.
                    The GT-8 and the T100 are a fantastic combination. Especially if you are running stereo with 2 cabinets. You are going to love the JMP-1. Its fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      The GT-8 and the T100 are a fantastic combination.
                      you are right. What's surprising is that even at bedroom levels, I can now get tube-tone and feel. I went back and forth with the power block and ts100 and all the tube difference is very much apparent. That, combined with the incredible versatility of the gt-8...
                      Sam

Comment

Working...
                      X