Digi Tech DSP rack unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digi Tech DSP rack unit

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new 1101model.
    It has some cool settings looks like. I didn't try it out just looked at the box.
    I know they get a bad rap most of the time and I don't care for their stomp boxes in general.
    They show quite a few Lexicon settings as well as MXR settings and amp sims/cab sims
    Last edited by straycat; 12-03-2007, 05:45 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

As a well known 2120 fiend ,,,I would like to know some more about this unit as well,,but as i am still located in this armpit of a state I refer to as HELL,,, there are no "good" music stores anywhere for me to scope one out,,,so if some one would be kind enough to give one a listen that would be awesome

MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Its priced at $479.00 close to the line 6 stuff.

Comment

there's a long thread on the Guitar World forum about it, with a few guys posting sound clips of patches they've created. Might be worth checking out.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I bought one - it should be here by the end of the week

Comment

I'm playing with the idea of getting one... I'm about done with modeling stuff, and am actually trying to sell a Flextone III, so I don't know if this would be a step backwards or what... I had a Digitech 2101 that sounded incredible with good tubes in it and a decent tube poweramp.

Comment

thetroy give us a full report when it comes in.

Comment

I like mine. I need to find some time to spend on it though. I have just been using it in the loop rather then getting into all the overdrives, modeling and whatnot. It seems to be very quiet and doesn't step all over your tone.

They have a list of about 7 different ways to hook it up depending on what kind of functionality you want out of it. Pre-post AMP effects, Modeling, Effects loop only, blah blah blah.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

any update on this unit?
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I haven't got very far into it yet with final papers, exams, and holidays. Still haven't bought a footcontroller or stereo poweramp yet either so right now I'm just running it to the FX return of my Valveking. I've only been doing minor tweaks to the presets but so far I'm sold.

The clean models sound great and so do the mid-gain and most of the high-gain models. I don't like the rectifier model at all though - it sounds so fuzzy and 'buzz-saw-ish' that it's useless for my sound.

There are A LOT of EQ options so it seems like you can shape just about any tone you'd ever want if you have the patience.

One of these days I'm going to grab a usb cable, a midi controller, and a stereo poweramp to really get into this thing. I'm completely satisfied with the sounds already though without any of that stuff.

Comment

Is it possible to run delays etc through the loop at the same time as running OD/distortion through the front?

Comment

Yeah it has a loop itself so you can put your amp's preamp section in the loop of the Digitech.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
                          As a well known 2120 fiend ,,,I would like to know some more about this unit as well,,but as i am still located in this armpit of a state I refer to as HELL,,, there are no "good" music stores anywhere for me to scope one out,,,so if some one would be kind enough to give one a listen that would be awesome

MOSH ON
                          DAVE
                          I take it Guitar Center doesn't carry it then? I know there are Guitar Centers in Mobile and Birmingham, not really familiar with other towns in Alabama.

We don't have a single GC in Mississippi AFAIK, but Mobile is only about 55 miles from here and New Orleans is about 90 miles. Close enough if I really want to try something, provided they'd have it that is.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My GC doesn't carry any rack gear whatsoever

Comment

SUP?

naaa,,no GC here, I'm just south of Huntsville,( and there aint shit around worth going to, 'sept maybe Railroad Bazaar),,about 60'ish miles north of B'ham. maybe when i get some time and some change, I'll try to head down to B'ham and try to find one that they will let me abuse for about an hour.

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                              I take it Guitar Center doesn't carry it then? I know there are Guitar Centers in Mobile and Birmingham, not really familiar with other towns in Alabama.

We don't have a single GC in Mississippi AFAIK, but Mobile is only about 55 miles from here and New Orleans is about 90 miles. Close enough if I really want to try something, provided they'd have it that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X