Dual Rectifier Loop Mod Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Rectifier Loop Mod Question

I was surfing the web and found that Voodoo Amps does a parallel to series loop mod for dual rectifiers. On the page, it says that once this is done, the solo feature will no longer work.

There is also a simple mod on the internet that also shows how to make this change. Would this also cause the solo feature not to work? Is the Voodoo Amps mod different from the simple web mod?

Thanx,
    Pete

If you contact Mesa, they'll send you the schematic to convert the loop to series. To do this, YES, you will lose the solo volume feature.

Not worth it in my opinion. I use a RP250 in the loop for delay, whammy and couple other effects. It works just fine.

Comment

Thanx ez - I guess it's not worth it.

Comment

I rely heavily on that boost feature, one of the reasons I bought a dual.(among many others)

Comment

As I understand it, the Solo feature is at the end of the loop, so by altering it you cut that out. I know on my Lonestar it's already a serial loop, but you can hard bypass it which makes the Solo function quit working.

Comment

You can turn the loop off on the dual as well and get the same result (no solo boost) you're supposed to gat a better signal hence tone. I tried it but it didn't make that much differance IMO, in any case not enough to lose the solo feature !

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
              You can turn the loop off on the dual as well and get the same result (no solo boost) you're supposed to gat a better signal hence tone. I tried it but it didn't make that much differance IMO, in any case not enough to lose the solo feature !
              I believe he's wanting to run a delay in the loop hence the desire to have a Serial loop. There again, one of the things Mesa screwed up about the Recto's. Such a killer amp if they'd done a few things differently.

Comment

Working...
              X