POD X3 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD X3 review

Well... I can't really give you one because when I fired up my Line 6 edit I found out that as of now there is NO EDITING PROGRAM for the X3 and the X3 Live!!! Can you believe it.

They are saying that a program should be available the 2nd week of January. It most likely won't be Line 6 edit either but rather it will be a version of Gearbox. As of today this sucks ass big. I can't believe that Line 6 would come out with a new flagship POD and not have a PC editing program for it. What the fukk!!

2nd week of January is NAMM time, if they are like other companies nothing will happen till after NAMM. I'd expect an even longer delay.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

That's pretty slack.

Comment

10-23-2007, 12:09 AM #5 Outlander vbmenu_register("postmenu_998697", true);
        JCF Member

There is currently no computer editing software for the new X3 line-up.They are saying it will be available in January. I really like the line6 edit program I use with my XTL.

JG...I'm surprised you didn't see this!
        Knowing L-6 history I would be surprised if it comes out when promised. I love their stuff but this isn't the first time they have put a product out without having all their software in place.

Comment

I am waiting until it comes out. Its not that bad doing onboard editing but I am really not into all the knob pressing and turning. Lets hope Line 6 gets the Gearbox editing program out soon.

Comment

John, How do you like the X3 other than the fact there is no editing program for it?

Do you have the bean or the Live version? I just purchased the Live version and it doesn't blow me away but I haven't worked with it much.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            I am waiting until it comes out. Its not that bad doing onboard editing but I am really not into all the knob pressing and turning. Lets hope Line 6 gets the Gearbox editing program out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post

That part isn't too bad. It's the tedious dual patch naming that burns my biscuits.
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner View Post
                John, How do you like the X3 other than the fact there is no editing program for it?

Do you have the bean or the Live version? I just purchased the Live version and it doesn't blow me away but I haven't worked with it much.

I have the bean. So far... its not blowing me away but I am familiar with the fact that Line 6 gear needs mucho tweaking.
                As of right now... I think the GT-8 that I got rid of smoked this thing.
                The 2 amps at once is cool but I think they should have included the Vetta Double Tracker.
                Once the editor comes out I am sure that I will like it alot more. I intend to invest as much time as necessary to get this bean viable for my bands next CD. The digital recording features for reamping are really going to prove useful. I also needed something portable to bring to the studio that I can program at home. Hopefully this is it.
                I actually wanted a Digitech GNX4 and in hindsight.. I probably should have just bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
                  That part isn't too bad. It's the tedious dual patch naming that burns my biscuits.

Tell me about it. It burns my ass too. Hopefully the editor will be out soon.

Comment

One lesson I've previous learnt is never sell off your gear just because you've bought something new. I regret selling my GX-700. It had all my personalised settings from my previous album and now I've got a GX-700 again, I can't remember all the tweaks I made so many years ago. I've also got a GT-8, but I'm not getting rid of that. I plan to get an X3 Live just before Xmas, and whilst I didn't judge it on the basis of expecting editing software to be bundled with it, I can't help but feel cheated to have to wait til next year for it. Hopefully, someone will come up with a 3rd party version. They did for the GT-8 (Mr.Sleepy is one of them).
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've spent several quality hours with this thing editing onboard and I am getting absolutely incredible sounds out of it. Its a pain in the ass to edit but really does record great.

Comment

Seems like a pretty cool unit.

How does it compare soundwise to the xt, much better?

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
                          Seems like a pretty cool unit.

How does it compare soundwise to the xt, much better?
                          Its basically 2 XT's, the bass POD XT, and vocals and acoustics. It also has a better sampling rate, a USB port and a digital out.
                          Yea.. it sounds better than the XT because you can do 2 amps at once.
                          It also has more amp models and a bunch more features.

Comment

my brother has been noodling with one of these for a month or so. he is very into the L6 stuff. He likes it so far from what he has said.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                              my brother has been noodling with one of these for a month or so. he is very into the L6 stuff. He likes it so far from what he has said.

Chris, I am liking it more every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X