No announcement yet.

POD X3 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the L6 stuff is that way with me. At first i hate it and then I noodle with it for a while and get it to sound really good. I never really liked the POD XTL I had because it did not have the 2 amps and some of the other features that the Vetta has... I ended up in the end with the combo unit that once was yours... lol.

Comment

Good news people - Line 6 have released (a) monkey on their main site. You can download it free of charge, allowing you to transfer files to/from your PC. At least that's something.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ahhhh Monkey has always been a free download and has been out for a few years now.

Comment

I use Gearbox with my XT and it makes things SO much easier. If I had to edit everything onboard, I wouldn't like nearly as much.
          sigpic

Comment

Latest monkey is V 1.21, that has been released now for at least a couple months.

Comment

Does this Pod do the 4-cable method? For me, that was part of my decision to purchase a GSP1101. I wanted to be able to have the models or use the preamp section on my F50 and the XT would not let me easily do that.

Comment

Agreed.

They missed the boat if they didn't. The ability to move the built in effects loop anywhere in the chain is one of the major advantages of the gt-8.
                sigpic

Comment

Since it has two separate engines and the ability to run two riggs... I would think it could be done. Set one for your loop and the other to go into the front...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell View Post
                    Does this Pod do the 4-cable method? For me, that was part of my decision to purchase a GSP1101. I wanted to be able to have the models or use the preamp section on my F50 and the XT would not let me easily do that.

No.

Comment

I think the X3 Live has an effects loop, so it may be possible with the Live, but not the bean.

Comment

Yeah the X3 Live has the effects loop so I assume it's possible.

Comment

Can you move the effects loop in the chain?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
                            Can you move the effects loop in the chain?

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                            X