Flextone III and Valvetronix(XL) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flextone III and Valvetronix(XL) questions

Anyone know where these are made? U.S. or import?

Anyone try both and have a comparison?

Thanks!!!
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
    Anyone know where these are made? U.S. or import?

Anyone try both and have a comparison?

Thanks!!!

A Line 6 Flextone?

Comment

I've rented a VTXL before and While it was kind of cool I found the modelling really clumsy and not user friendly.

Comment

Yup ... line6 flextone and Vox valvetronix

Comment

The Flextone III I have doesn't say, but the Vox is made in Vietnam according to the box I have.

Comment

I am pretty sure that all of the Line 6 product is made in China.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              I think you're right...

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                BTW... What setup did you end up with for gigging? I'm currently shopping myself, although my new VHT D60 will be here Wed. WOO HOO!

Comment

I am playing a Line 6 Flextone IIIXL in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGToCEw8K4

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                    I am playing a Line 6 Flextone IIIXL in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGToCEw8K4
                    That sounds great! I like my Flextone, but I can't stand the way it "feels" which to me is everything, so it's up for sale. That being said, it's a killer little amp for the money. You just have to dial it in right. Also, running it through a closed back cab helps immensely.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Yeah most of the Vox AD series are made in vietnam, line 6 stuff is made in indonesia isnt it????

I tried the XL 50 Watt compared to the normal AD series I didnt think that the lack of versatillity was that great, the models seemed very samey, but I didnt have that much time to tweak with it and mess around, while i've had a good few hours on the normal AD series...That could be the normal AD's being broken in and the XL being a bit cold...

I've tried to like the Flextones and I can never seem to dial out that fizzy buzzy sound out of the high gain or drives...

The AD series i've found to have a better tone all round that is much warmer it's also not as fizzy imo..

They are fairly common amps so you should be able to test and compare them...

I also find the AD's to be a bit simpler to use you jsut flick aroudn the model adjust the gain and controls which seem more responsive than the flextones dials too...

Thats just my experience, allthough most of the spider III's presets namely the artists ones are quite good go figure....

Comment

Working...
                        X