Effects Chain Question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Chain Question ?

i will be using a boss dd-3 (digital delay) + boss bf-2 (flanger) through the effects loop of my amp head. which effect should come before the other? i appreciate your input.

It comes down to personal preference. I prefer mod stuff like flange/chorus to precede any echo delay in my loop. I just don't like applying a flanger to the echo signal. Your mileage may vary. Try switching them and see which you like best.

Comment

what he said. i would put the flanger first, delay second.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yep, there is no "correct" way. Basically, do you want the echo flanged, or the flange echoed?
        Scott

Comment

I normally put delay (or reverb), last in any chain.

Comment

I run my delay in the loop and flanger before the amp,
            Then again what other guys said try,listen...

Comment

It is kind of a neat effect to flange a long delay if you are playing short parts. Like if you use your delay as an echo and then flange the subsequent repeats, it can give it the effect of movement. Sort of a doppler effect.

Comment

thanks guys, i'll mess around with the pedals a little and see what works best.

Comment

Working...
                X