New amp Family pic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp Family pic...

Thank you all who posted kind words in my other New Amp thread. Today my used (but mint) VHT came in so it's a double New Amp Week! Haven't had much chance to mess with it, and my living room is probably the worlds worst room acoustically. That being said, from the hour or so I've been tweaking knobs it's a killer amp. Total unabashed rocker! If you use the "less" switch which cuts an extra gain stage out of the chain it's very classic rock with bite. If you flip the switch to "more" it's over the top metal territory, but it's not harsh and it's ultra clear. Dime the gain and strum an open E and you hear everything.

As always, the true test will be band practice tomorrow night. I'll probably take both the VHT and the Lonestar.

*woof!*

I had a new amp day last week, but mine was only a JCM900. Yours are much cooler
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      *woof!*

I had a new amp day last week, but mine was only a JCM900. Yours are much cooler
      The JCM900 is IMO probably the most useful un-modded Marshall. I've always thought they sounded incredible, and are much nicer than the JCM2000's.

Comment

That looks like an incredibly sick a/b box, mixed fx loop stage setup.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
          That looks like an incredibly sick a/b box, mixed fx loop stage setup.
          I was sorta thinking that... I love the cleans and silky smooth leads of the Lonestar, and the Punishing VHT grind would kill for my rhythm sound... Hmmm...

Comment

Nice family photo!!

Comment

nice! glad to hear you like it so; I'm interested in your impressions after using it with the band

Comment

OK... The VHT...

OMG! Incredible amp. Even if you're not into the way they sound, IMO everyone should play one of these before they die. I've never played anything like it. It's the FEEEEEEEL!

You literally feel every pick slap. It's the most percussive amp I've played. The tone is great. Not Marshall, but more Marshall than Mesa. I can see why the Metal folks love VHT. This has to be the cleanest amp I've ever encountered. Dime the gain and you still hear and feel everything. This thing doesn't cover anything up. AWESOME!

If I boost it just a bit with my OCD it really smooths out. Lots of compression and it just sings. IMO, a nice TS clone would be the dog's danglies with this amp.

Contrast this with my Lonestar, which is the very definition of smooth. Totally different monster. Just killer bell like tone for days. The Lonestar is 180deg. from the VHT. I can't imagine a better pair if you want to cover all your bases.

Comment

Working...
                X