Yet another new amp report...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another new amp report...

This came last week and I haven't had anywhere near as much time with this amp as I would like. But last night I got to kick it pretty hard. This amp is a monster. The sustain is great. Killer punch with palm mutes. Responds very well to rolling back your guitar volume. Easily does early metal, 80's metal, classic rock, EVH, etc. It's not the best amp for Nu-Metal - maybe with a pedal - I haven't used any effects with it at all yet. Pinch harmonics are laughably easy. Very thick on the low end with the Marshall JCM 900 4x12 - I haven't tried any other cabs yet.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Nice man! Thanks for the GAS!! I placed an order back in October for a Nitro (KT88's) and have no nails left . Love your color choice and the front grill too! QuickRods are beasts

Comment

I have been wanting one of those for a long time...would love a full review as you get more aquainted with her...

Comment

Tim... you are the man.
        That is an outstanding amp. Really nice color too.

Comment

Sweet amp and a very nice case...is that blue or purple? Whenever I try to take a pic with a flash, purple turns to blue

What do you have in the power section?
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

it's purple - tubes are EL34

- Newc

Comment

They are cool amps for sure ,,,my bud, let me break his in for a few days after he got it about a year ago, cause i can crank up at my place

"It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Damn Tim...thats great looking. I know you have wanted it for quite some
                time, and now its YOURS! Something about that word.."Splawn"...thats
                just cool imo. Sounds like it does every tone thats important.. i said
                important! Nothin past 1995' that needs to be represented imo.
                Congrats... nothin like having the best!

Comment

Hey Tim, how does the new QR compare to the Splawn Modded 1987x you used to own?
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Is this what you got instead of the spydervalve you returned?...great choice Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      Hey Tim, how does the new QR compare to the Splawn Modded 1987x you used to own?
                      Very similar in terms of fundamental tone. The QR is just far more versatile - and louder. That 1987x was completely badass though.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                        Is this what you got instead of the spydervalve you returned?...great choice Tim!

- Newc

Comment

That is a gorgeous looking amp, Tim. Congrats to you. Use it well.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Very Nice Tim!!

I watched that Splawn demo vid..Ed should just play THOSE amps..IMO!

I tried the 5150III last week..I wasn't too impressed. The wife wasn't either.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice! Classic look. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X