Pedal for changing tunings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal for changing tunings?

Does anyone make a pedal that will shift the tuning from standard to some variation?

Fender makes a Strat VG that has some roland components that synthesize tunings on the fly. You don't change the tuning of the actual strings like the new Gibson robot does, you maipulate a mode and tuning knob to get the tuning you want.

I would love to be able to do that, but with a pedal. Does Roland, Boss, or DOD make something like that?
    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson SLATQH
    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
    Jackson DKMGT (project)
    Kramer Focus 1000
    Ibanez SDGR Bass
    Ovation Celebrity
    Martin Backpacker

I guess you could use a pitch shifter of some sort, but that would change every pitch/note/string by the same amount, so you wouldn't be able to, say, go from E standard to open G or something like that.

If that's the sort of thing you want to do, you could probably do it with some sort of midi pickup. I don't know of any other way

Comment

there's already a thread on the same topic.
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ernate+tunings

from what I gathered from the thread, it will not sound as good as actually changing the tuning of the guitar.

Theoretically, it should be possible. Each note on a standard tuning is ringing at some frequency. That is how tuners can tune the open string right? by looking for the right frequency of vibration. why cant a pedal automatically change the freq of a note to another note's? I'm thinking, if you are playing too fast or while doing bends, there could be some unwanted matching. But if the VG strat can do that, there should be something in the market that does that. i bet that Roland VG guitar synthesizer could do it.
      Sam

Comment

Change tunings

It is really changing the tone based that everything is pre-tuned (440 etc) but the Line 6 Variax and the software Workbench works great for that too. Variax's can be found cheap and the software is free but basically using the software, you can program different tunings, move the nut (virtual capo) and it works great. Once the settings in Workbench are finalized you can transfer some of them to the Variax or save to a patch on a Line 6 amp of course.

Comment

Working...
        X