Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Valvetronix XL question

Hey guys,

I have a buddy that is looking at the Vox Valvetronix XL series. On the website they describe the amp as having:

“Valve Reactor technology”. “The XL-series uses VOX’s patented Valve Reactor technology, featuring a power amp circuit that contains a 12AX7 (ECC83) dual triode vacuum tube (valve), normally used in a preamp, and a dummy speaker circuit that simulates the varying impedance of a real speaker. This produces the true sound and feel of a bonafide all-tube amp.”

I'm just wondering if this means the single tube is only incorporated into the solid state circuitry to "warm up" the emulated sounds a bit, and make it sound more authentic? Please offer advise, opinions, or other options.

Thanks for the help!
    Brian
    E = Fb

Its called marketing crap.
    Sam

Comment

I had one... doesn't work or feel like a tube amp at all. I sold it. I recommend a Fender Super Champ XD. Fender does it right!

Comment

If I'm not wrong, hasnt the valvetronix been around for a while now? So, the only difference in this amp versus the previous valvetronix ones like the AD50VT for example, would be the hi-gain models.
        Last edited by emperor_black; 12-13-2007, 09:13 PM.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          If I'm not wrong, hasnt the valvetronix been around for a while now? So, the only difference in this amp versus the previous valvetronix ones like the AD50VT for example, would be the hi-gain models.
          Yes, I believe that is correct...according to what I read on the MF description.
          E = Fb

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
            I had one... doesn't work or feel like a tube amp at all. I sold it. I recommend a Fender Super Champ XD. Fender does it right!
            Thanks, I read your seperate post about the XD...very interesting. I've been watching some demo vids on youtube and it sounds really nice.
            Last edited by Axe Chemist; 12-13-2007, 10:55 PM.
            E = Fb

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
              I completely disagree. I don't know if it was the tube or not, but the Vox responded much more like a tube amp than every other modeling amp I tried out. So much so that I ended up buying the AD50VT.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                I completely disagree. I don't know if it was the tube or not, but the Vox responded much more like a tube amp than every other modeling amp I tried out. So much so that I ended up buying the AD50VT.
                I feel the same way about my Vox. Great amp, great tone, is it 100% dead on, no, but I think its one of the better modeling amps for the price.

-Steve
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

I did buy mine used ,so it could have had something wrong with it. I just couldn't get into it though after being used to tube amps. I will say that it reacted better than the other modeling amps without tubes.

Comment

I believe the tube is used in conjuction with a special power amp that works much better than the other hybrid amps around imo sounds much more valve like.

The 30 watt and higher rated mdoels also feature an antenuater like device to push the tube a bit more at lower volumes....

I prefer the models on the normal AD series but the XL is good if your after a metal amp....

Comment

Working...
                    X