Recommend me a wireless system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a wireless system.

I don't want to spend $300. I just need a decent wireless that actually works. Do I go UHF or VHF?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I had a older Samson unit that lasted 7 years and paid $70 for it on ebay. I dont gig so it didnt have to be an X wire sysyem. I may get a Carvin system at tax time.

Comment

You get what you pay for. $100 wireless vs a $300ish one is quite a big difference... spend a few extra bucks and get a sennheiser EW100 series.

Pete

Comment

The X2 Wireless system is kickass.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          You get what you pay for. $100 wireless vs a $300ish one is quite a big difference... spend a few extra bucks and get a sennheiser EW100 series.

Pete

Comment

I just got a Nady wireless UHF wireless system and its been very good. I A/B 'd with a Planet waves cable and there is very little difference between the wireless and the cable. I got it for $80 from American musical. I'm pretty sure this is the model number.

But I think this is the same with all wireless systems...it ate up a 9V battery in about 10 hours of play. but there is no loss of sustain using the system and i think it has added a level of noise gate. so its dead quiet with no hum nothing when I'm not playing. A level of ground loop probably has been eliminated by not having a cable.

Nady DKW8GT UHF Guitar Wireless System
            Sam

Comment

I have a Samson UHF Synth 32 that I think was around $300.00 new. It works fantastic. No dead spots or sound degradation at all.
              I never use it so if you are interested... let me know.

Comment

John, what's a dead spot?
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  John, what's a dead spot?
                  Thats when you find certain locations on stage where the signal drops off. Similar to having no cell phone service in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post

Pete
                    Agreed! The Sennheiser works great.

Comment

Well, as luck would have it, John hooked me up, and I went for the Samson.

No more tripping over cords!!
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                      X