Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive

Anyone have one? Looks like an awesome boost pedal, how does it compare to the Maxon OD808/OD9? The clean boost knob on the Sparkle Drive has definitely peaked my interest vs. most other overdrives... I'd be using it as a boost for my 5150 for tonal reasons (as opposed to gain reasons, if I needed more gain than I can get out of a 5150 I'd be looking for a therapist...)

I've got a Sparkle Drive (it's actually a Keeley modded version) and it rocks!
    http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=21
    I usually use it as a boost in front of my THD Univalve, clean boost blended about half way up, tone all the way down (counterclockwise), and gain about 1 or 2 o'clock.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't have a Sparkle Drive, but I highly recommend Voodoo Labs. They make quality stuff.

Comment

was considering the voodoo lab trem pedal myself....they make great stuff

Comment

I´ve been using the Sparkle Drive on and off for a few years, mainly as a boost pedal for my Riveras. It´s definitely a very cool take on a Tubescreamer, and the clean-blend feature gives it a bit of a different vibe than the Visual Sound Route 66 I normally use... which basically sounds like a TS808 modded for a bit more bass.

To my ears, most quality pedals from the "tubescreamer family" really do scream... cut lows, boosted high mids and boosted treble. For smoother tones full-range clean boosting, like the Custom Audio / MXR MC401 I also use, is the way to go... depending on amp and reason for application, of course.

Comment

Working...
          X