Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played the new Lonestar with the group today

Last weekend I bought a Mesa Lonestar.

So... Took it to Church today for Sunday morning worship team and it shined. I got there early to get everything mic'd up and sound check and ended up setting up channel 2 for clean (flip the switch from drive to clean) and then took both the gain and drive to 3:00. Killer tone. Dirty clean, with not a hint of fizz, but lots of sustain. Really fat lead type sound. Evidently the way this works is that it disengages all but one gain stage so you still get plenty of dirt, but it's really clear. Think Mark Knopfler kind of sounds.

Sounded equally good using neck or bridge pups. Set the Solo boost to where I wanted it and dialed in a nice fat clean sound on channel 1 using the 50w setting for both channels and tube rectification for both as well. Incredibly sweet amp for what I'm doing. For the two songs that we did today that were rockers I boosted the dirty channel with my Fulltone OCD for that nice marshally crunch. Worked great. In the future I'm probably going to A/B it with my VHT for crunch, as nothing I've played does heavy crunch like my D-60.

I'm incredibly happy with this amp. I've been on a search for the ultimate mid gain sound and this has it in spades.

I'm hearing so much good about the Fulltone OCD, I'm tempted to check it out. Glad the Lonestar worked out...great choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      I'm hearing so much good about the Fulltone OCD, I'm tempted to check it out. Glad the Lonestar worked out...great choice!
      It's an amazing pedal, but it's not working as well with the two amps I'm using these days. I used to use it to fatten up my JSX, but neither the VHT or the Mesa need that. I may decide to get rid of it in the near future. If you're really interested in trying one out PM me.

Comment

I love the OCD nice dirt not over the top but very smooth.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

madryan,

check your pm's.
          E = Fb

Comment

Working...
          X