Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just got a 5150 2x12 combo $450. good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got a 5150 2x12 combo $450. good deal?

So I was talking with my buddy who is a manager at the local G-center and I was looking for a practice amp since my triple rec. stack is at his house (hes also the drummer in my band) so he pointed me to a 5150 combo. I pluged a PRS cu24 in and it sounded absolutley amazing also used a jackson soloist sl2 it sounded good as well but the prs takes the cake IMO. anyways I picked up the amp for $450 out the door it was the absolute lowest he could sell it for. Good deal? decent deal? its def. overkill for a practice amp thats for sure, but sounds good.

That's about the going rate.
    $450-$550 depending on condition.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

well then, glad I didnt have to pay what they were aksing.......$799

Comment

Good deal. I bought one as my first (real) amp. Paid $375

Comment

$375?? That is a very good deal. $450 is also a great deal. The only problem is the size of the damn thing!
          Sam

Comment

The price you paid is a good price. Did it come with a roady to carry it for you!!

Nice amp... and a good score. Congratz!

Comment

It's a pretty solid price you paid for the amp. It's nothing spectacular, but it's very solid and fair for the amp.

I scored my 5150 head for about $300...It was like new. That was a steal =P.
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

so does everyone elses 5150 have alot of fuzz. Its very loud when I stop playing.

Comment

A fair deal, thats what I paid for mine, it's got to be the heaviest combo on the planet, nice score!
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by 69dodgecharger View Post
                    so does everyone elses 5150 have alot of fuzz. Its very loud when I stop playing.

My 5150 doesn't have a lot of fuzz.
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      The price you paid is a good price. Did it come with a roady to carry it for you!!

Nice amp... and a good score. Congratz!
                      Yea, you need a Roadie to carry one
                      I got mine for $300 used and it weighs a friggin ton!!!

Comment

better get casters.
                        Sam

Comment

Hopefully if it's a practice amp you won't really have to move it

Comment

im jealous, in canada 5150 combos go for $1100 new :s

Comment

i might have you all beat

I scored my 5150 Head with the matching cab for 600 out the door and that was like 5 years ago too. Still kicking ass more so now that I have it JJ tubed

Comment

Working...
                              X