Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just got a 5150 2x12 combo $450. good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid 400.00 for my 5150 combo.I changed the tubes and had it rebiased a little and it sounds amazing now.Although I would really call it a practice amp.

Comment

Originally posted by BODOM View Post
      Paid 400.00 for my 5150 combo.I changed the tubes and had it rebiased a little and it sounds amazing now.Although I would really call it a practice amp.

The 5150 combo is most certainly not a practice amp.... unless you practice in an arena!!

Comment

I laugh when people get a 2 x 12 combo like the 5150 or the Vetta etc.. and call it there "practice at home or bedroom level amp". Those amps are just as loud as the head versions. The best thing about Combo amps of this size is that it is everything in one box which is great if you are moving your gear in a 78 Honda Civic or need your gear to take up as little space in your home as possible. To Call it your practice rig though... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BODOM View Post
          Isnt the 5150 a "Fixed bias" ? The only way to re-bias would be to install a POT directly onto the circuit board. Did your amp come with that mod?
          Sam

Comment

Maybe he has the 5150 II, they added bias pots on those.
            I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Using the money you saved on the amp buy a handtruck to haul it!

Comment

Working...
              X