Mine Line6 Valve 112 goes back to the store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Line6 Valve 112 goes back to the store

Tomorrow. Well, I guess I have had fun with it, especially initially. But playing more of it, trying to play in the mix context, recording etc made me to like it progressively less and less. I mean it still sounds great for anyone who comes to me and plugs in, but I get tired of this sound. There is something in particular, hard to quantify - some sand which is hard to dial out, some hollowness, lack of 'presence', just does not feel like an amp I"m used to. And the main thing - the sound is not... 'organic' (?) for the lack of a better word. I mean I don't mind digital - I have been using Rocktron Prophecy for like 10 years? But for some reason with all its limitations it sounds much warmer and interesting to me. Otherwise I guess I still prefer the full tube amps plus a good effect processor in the loop. So here you go, don't kick me too hard.

Wish mine would actually come home with me... I'm still waiting on my HD. The first one had issues. I hope this one doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
      Tomorrow. Well, I guess I have had fun with it, especially initially. But playing more of it, trying to play in the mix context, recording etc made me to like it progressively less and less. I mean it still sounds great for anyone who comes to me and plugs in, but I get tired of this sound. There is something in particular, hard to quantify - some sand which is hard to dial out, some hollowness, lack of 'presence', just does not feel like an amp I"m used to. And the main thing - the sound is not... 'organic' (?) for the lack of a better word. I mean I don't mind digital - I have been using Rocktron Prophecy for like 10 years? But for some reason with all its limitations it sounds much warmer and interesting to me. Otherwise I guess I still prefer the full tube amps plus a good effect processor in the loop. So here you go, don't kick me too hard.

Try the Fender Super Champ XD! They are VERY "organic" sounding and are 1/2 the price. I think that you'll be pleasantlly surprised. I know that I was!

Comment

Well, the price was not a concern. I guess some amps sound great day one and remain that way, some sound great and the more you play the more you discover. Some are great initially, but as you learn them better you become disappointed. At least I gave it an honest try, for almost one month playing every day.

The best feature of the amp is the power amp section which sounds very good, and - surprise - the V30 and the cab sound quite decent. Despite some people mentioning they did not like it.

Comment

Having returned the Valve, I got myself the new Logic Studio. Was thinking to replace my Roland VS-2400CD for some time. I've got to say I am very impressed. The unexpected side-effect is that the Amp simulator in Logic sounds excellent. I find it is very responsive and 'real' (pun intended). What is recorded using it sounds very good played back. Even practicing using this stage application is a real alternative to the setups like POD, Roland GT, heck even Prophecy.

May be this is my initial impression, but I was not quite prepared. Garage Band etc did not quite give me a taste of what to expect from Logic Pro.

Comment

I recently sold my Pod Pro along with a bunch of other stuff I wasn't using anymore. I used the $ from that to fund the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx. I'm currently reading the manual to it but I did try out some of the factory patches and this thing is going to be a real monster Its expensive but no more Line 6 stuff for me after hearing this thing!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Interesting. I have not heard of this one before. Looks impressive, some of the samples on the website sound good, some a bit dead-sounding. But that's expected. What I liked - open, tight sound not trying to hide behind delays and reverbs.

Comment

the best samples are found on the Forum for this device and submitted by members. There is so much in this that its not funny! Look around in here http://www.setbb.com/axefx/index.php?mforum=axefx for the best info and sound samples. Its mind boggling!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Spydervalve's returning to the store seems to be a trend recently.

Comment

You mean I am not alone on this?

But in any case - I think the amp was gone from the store floor in like an hour after I returned it. Certainly a hot item these days

Comment

mine went back as well - the effects just flat out suck.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Mine's gone back to the stage, over and over. Played out with it about 1/2 dozen times, seems to be doing well. Of course, I'll probably start using my Randall MTS stuff again too, but it's nice to have different toys.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                        X