Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethos dumble pedal

www.customtonesinc.com

Picked up one of these, should be here in a week or so... anyone else have one yet? I figured Tim or Fritz probably have already bought one and cast it aside.

I'm looking forward to checking it out with my live rig! There are good clips of it going direct to PA, being used as a preamp in front of a guitar amp, and as a pedal in front of tube and solid state amps. 100% analog circuitry, and it has a speaker emulator built in that can be turned off/on, so it's also good 'gig insurance' without being too pod-ish. Sound clips certainly aren't metal, but holy cow it sounds good. Plus the clips on the gear page that the members made are decent also. Dumble in a can for $400ish bucks? I think it can nearly be done!

Pete

I've been curious about that pedal myself - I'm looking forward to your review.

I picked one of these up the other day:
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Wampler Pedals build Effects pedals and Plugins, Amplifiers, and other Accessories for professional and hobby guitarists and musicians alike. Some of our classic pedals include the Tumnus, Ego Compressor, Plexi Drive and Terraform multi modulation pedal.

He has a Dumble type pedal too but ALOT cheaper.

Comment

Well... Brian/wampler's is one channel. Doesn't have the ability to be used direct to a PA, or direct to a power amp along with in front of an amp.

Haven't seen what a finished one even looks like. I'm guessing ALL of these are jfet based, and I know where there are schematics for a dumble-style one channel pedal for ALOT cheaper than Brian/Wampler's. I don't have the time to build it, but the concept is pretty interesting.

Since these pedals are selling for what I paid used, it's a no brainer. I'll check it out, if I dig it it stays and if not I'll sell it. It's also a very low number (under #10) and could be collectible someday, who knows? I had over $400 sitting around, sometimes you have to take a chance. I may grab a zendrive too for grins.

Clips and such when I get the pedal, looks like Dec 26th is when it will be here. Merry xmas to me!

Pete

Comment

Did you ever get this pedal? Don't tell me it sucks, I just ordered one this week. I ordered a Zendrive 2 too.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            I've been curious about that pedal myself - I'm looking forward to your review.

I picked one of these up the other day:
            http://www.prosoundcommunications.co...fects/ac_plus/
            I'm interested in one of these myself.
            Could you post a review when it arrives?

Comment

Zendrive 2 arrived today. Only had time to play it for five minutes but so far so good. Ethos TLE not due until October or November.

Comment

Working...
              X