Mesa 2:90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 2:90

I just got a mesa 2:90 simucast poweramp for $550 and its dead mint!!! It sound so full I can't wait to try it out at band practice this weekend. I'm only running one cab so I think I'll use only one side and keep the other for a backup unless we play a really huge show.

Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

I may be mistaken, but I think you need to have a load on that output - just like a regular guitar amp.

Can the 2:90 be bridged?
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I agree with nor. I don't think you can leave that other side unhooked without blowing up the transformer.
      Scott

Comment

I've had a 2:90 for 5 or 6 years now (bought it new). Awesome power amp. The book says you can run a load on one side only. They recommend that you disconnect the input on the unused channel and turn the volume off and the presence all the way up. For smaller clubs I run an old Mesa 2x12 on one side only and have had no problems.

Comment

You can run it without load, set the volume to '0'. However, if you or someone else bumps that volume control, you're going to fry that side. Get a dummy load and be safe.

Comment

It's intended to run in stereo. Indulge teh G.A.S. and get another cab and do it right!
            There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

+1 Stereo is so much better.

Comment

Sterio isn't practical at all for band practice and small gigs do you guys know how much oversized recto cabs weight?

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                  +1 Stereo is so much better.

That's how I been running my Marshall rig since '96..and I love it very much.

Four Marshall 1960B cabs in stereo sound pretty "big" in my bedroom..

The Mesa 2:90 is a nice poweramp. I've played that with a POD pro and it sounded pretty damn good.
                  Last edited by horns666; 12-21-2007, 04:33 PM.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You can run one channel only, but as Rockinloud said you need to turn the other channel's volume all the way down. Also I reccomend to alternate the channels so if it happens that you have to use both channels power tubes will have same power and life left. Somebody corrects me if I said bullshit

Comment

Been thinking of getting one to use with my XTLive...Might even go for the X3Live...If they get the software out. My XTLive into the return of my XXX has been serving me very well, just seems silly dragging a head around just for the powersection. I'd much rather have a two space rack case...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

If he is running a 4x12, can't he just rewire it and split it into 2 sets of speakers. Then use both sides of the poweramp?
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                          Sterio isn't practical at all for band practice and small gigs do you guys know how much oversized recto cabs weight?
                          Me and my back like 1x12's and 2x12's thank you very much. That's about all the weight lifting I do these days. Put on a belt and lift with the legs, nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                            Me and my back like 1x12's and 2x12's thank you very much. That's about all the weight lifting I do these days. Put on a belt and lift with the legs, nancy!
                            All that stuff won't fit in my car either

Comment

I just have a 1x12 and ordered a carvin ts100 without thinking about tube-amps' load necessities. Thank god I have one of these...

Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X