Bogner ubershell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner ubershell

Are these amps for nu metal or would they sound good for classic metal?
    Last edited by shreder88; 12-22-2007, 06:44 PM.

Is the Ubershell a road case for the Uberschall?

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post

:ROTF:
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

rotf!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post

:ROTF::ROTF: I can't even afford the Ubershell :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

I think we're all just waiting for Bill to get here.
            Scott

Comment

..you fuckers.

I love the Uberschall. It is by far the best head for metal I've ever played thus far..I've been trying everything I come across since I've owned it. Nothing has took it's place.

The Uber covers alot of sonic territory..it does cleans very nicely..to "flick of the switch" AC/DC..to classic VH, 80's metal..To Disturbed/Godsmack/Korn ect (NU) ..(modern metal) to Arch Enemy/Iced Earth/Nevermore ect.

It's all depends on how you dial it in and play..alot of the tone is in your hands. So if you want to sound like down tuned "nu"..then that's exactly what it'll sound like.

Clevo John's bud was here and he was doing Yngwie, Arch Enemy, Slayer, AC/DC ect ect ..as I was dialing it in for those tones. Whatever he was doing, the Uber conveyed it very well!!
              Last edited by horns666; 12-21-2007, 06:06 PM. Reason: TYPOS..Fuggums.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Good one Sinistas!

Comment

hum...I had a hard time with "flick the switch" to a different tone I liked. I could dial in a perfect A tone but to get a new B tone, some of the knobs/switches I had to adjust effected the A tone. From my perspective, if I was in a studio where I had time to dial in each tone, this amp would be great. But, for me to use this amp in a live situation, I felt I could not get it to do what I wanted...Again, this is just me and, I really only spent maybe 2 hours playing with the amp. So I passed on this amp.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I use my Uberschall, shell and all , in an 80's hard rock cover band. We do Ozzy, Van Halen, Dokken, Tesla, Ratt, etc... I'm not trying to get every band's exact tone but the Uberschall is one awesome amp and does my 80's stuff just fine. For me its the king of hard rock/metal amps. And I also feel the clean channel is quite good even though everyone speaks of this amp as if it does metal well and nothing else, thats just not true. If you found one for a decent price I say go for it. Its not like you'd have a hard time unloading it if you didn't want to keep it. It flat out Rocks
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sorry about my spelling. Glad to see it gave someone a laugh.

Comment

I love mine too! Its suited me well since the day I bought it. I wish the loop had an adjustable send, but I can along with it as is. Killer metal tone and I dig the clean too - very "tubey" sounding clean. This channel is also awesome to run pedals into, which no one ever seems to mention.

Comment

I played the Uber-whatever this weekend and I found the EVH 5150 III killed it...and its slightly more affordable.

Alex

Comment

What can one expect to pay for a used Uberschall head? I didn't see any on Ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              What can one expect to pay for a used Uberschall head? I didn't see any on Ebay...

If they are new for $2500 then you may be able to get one for $2200 on ebay. I think high-end heads retain their value pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                              X