Bogner ubershell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreder88 View Post
    Sorry about my spelling. Glad to see it gave someone a laugh.
    We're just messin' with ya for fun
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      What can one expect to pay for a used Uberschall head? I didn't see any on Ebay...
      Last week I saw one go for $2,000ish. A new Uberschall with metal front grill is about $2,800, about $150 less without the metal front grill. Used they seem to be in the $2,000-2,500 range, generally speaking.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thank's for the info.

Comment

I was disappointed with the 5150III for my taste. Even the wife didn't care for it, not at all. It's a nice sounding amp. It conveys Ed's classic tones much better than the original 5150. It certainly doesn't have the girth of the 5150/6505..

BUT, Deflep and myself go for completely different tones. I understand why, he seems to prefer good classic tones over modern brutality..you gotta go with what works for you. But it can be tamed as I mentioned. John's bud was playing AC/DC, he's a damn good player and nailed some very convincing tones that I couldn't do..because I don't do that.

The Uber's EQ section is extremely interactive, unlike the 3 chanel 5150III/. It has a the Marshall-like mid "cut" ..and the gain is 100% usable unlike the 5150..but, it doesn't have the "heaviness" that I require. The original 5150 certainly does..but easily starts to "flub" with the gain pushed past approx 6.3.

The Uber greatly outshines both 5150 versions IMO. I had 5 of them, and played them for years on end.

Personally, I think Ed should play a Splawn...it's just him!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder88 View Post
            Sorry about my spelling. Glad to see it gave someone a laugh.
            that's okay, shredder.....uh, shreder88
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I did that one on purpose. Go ahead let me have it......

Comment

the Bogner ExCASEty is just as cool as the UberSHELLfor 80's metal

j/k

Look for one on ebay, you save tons of money buying higher end gear used as mentioned you can always turn it around and sell it and not lose any money on it. That can't be said about buying brand new as once you take deivery of it...its used to eveyone else
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X