Fulltone Clyde Delux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone Clyde Delux

Fulltone Guitar Pedals. Made in the USA.

I just spent 280 on a Wah :ROTF: :ROTF:

I gotta say, its the most musical Wah Ive every played. Anyone else have any experience with these????
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

I've only played the Clyde, but I thought with mods a stock crybaby could get close enough for me, and if you don't want to mess with mods a crybaby classic is really nice too.

Pete

Comment

Really??
      I didnt think the Classic came close..... Right behind this (tone wise) was the Budda wah, followed by a Blue Teese RMC.
      I do agree that The Classic was the best sounding Stock Crybaby.

As with anything else, YMMV

ANyone else??
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

The standard clyde does not have as much pedal travel as the deluxe.Lots better tone on the deluxe IMO.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Clyde Deluxe is what I use as well. Had a regular Crybaby, stock/unmodded, and will not go back again. The Fulltone sounded better to me and was less noisy. Have fun with all the various settings: Jimi, Shaft, and Whacked
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            Clyde Deluxe is what I use as well. Had a regular Crybaby, stock/unmodded, and will not go back again. The Fulltone sounded better to me and was less noisy. Have fun with all the various settings: Jimi, Shaft, and Whacked
            Ill be flipping switches for a few days Im sure. Right now its on Jimi with the volume boost on 9 out of 11.

hey Roody, did you adjust the sweep with the internal Adjustment? If so, which way did you go??

Comment

I guess I'm not that picky - the classic sounded fine to me, and I was trying it against the fulltone with a buddy's bogner uberschall and ecstacy setups with other high end gear like a fulltone choralflange and OCD. neat stuff!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                Ill be flipping switches for a few days Im sure. Right now its on Jimi with the volume boost on 9 out of 11.

hey Roody, did you adjust the sweep with the internal Adjustment? If so, which way did you go??
                I have not touched the internal adjustment on mine, just plugged it in and played it and adjusted the controls on the side of the pedal. Its hard to pick just one of the modes on there, I keep going back and forth between Jimi/Shaft/Whacked
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                  I guess I'm not that picky - the classic sounded fine to me, and I was trying it against the fulltone with a buddy's bogner uberschall and ecstacy setups with other high end gear like a fulltone choralflange and OCD. neat stuff!

Pete
                  Wow! you ran an OCD through the Uber? I have an OCD but I don't use it with my Uber. I did try it with a couple MTS modules in my RM100 such as Plexi and Top Boost though. Choralflange is what I use for my Chorus/Flanger, another really nice Fulltone piece! I'm also now just starting to mess a Fractal Audio Axe Fx Ultra. This thing as some amazing sounds in it.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have not touched the internal adjustment on mine, just plugged it in and played it and adjusted the controls on the side of the pedal. Its hard to pick just one of the modes on there, I keep going back and forth between Jimi/Shaft/Whacked

Excatly. I cant really find a use for "shaft" but Im going back and forth between Wacked and Jimi....

Comment

I'm with Pete. A stock 535Q or a modded GCB-95 is close enough for me.
                      Picking up an old King Vox Wah isn't a bad idea either.
                      I am not picky enough regarding a wah to shell out close to $300.00 for one.
                      I have heard nothing but good things about that wah though. Congratz.

Comment

Wow! you ran an OCD through the Uber? I have an OCD but I don't use it with my Uber. I did try it with a couple MTS modules in my RM100 such as Plexi and Top Boost though. Choralflange is what I use for my Chorus/Flanger, another really nice Fulltone piece! I'm also now just starting to mess a Fractal Audio Axe Fx Ultra. This thing as some amazing sounds in it.
                        Yeah, we tried it with the clean channel. Was cool, a different tone than the regular lead channel.

Pete

Comment

Ah, on the clean channel, that makes sense I've also tried it on my Dual Rec's clean channel. Its a nice pedal but I don't use it much since my RM100 and Uber don't really need it.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                          X