Clear All

• ISP Noise Decimator vs Rocktron Hush

hi,whic is the best for you?

Isp

ISP Decimator > Thread

Originally posted by Dimebag View Post
    hi,whic is the best for you?

Comment

I use a Decimator myself. I used to swear by the old Boss NF1 noisegate, until I tried the ISP. It's leagues better. I'm not sure about the Rocktron though. I tried one out in a store once, and it just confused me. An idiot (like me) can work the ISP. It has one frikken knob!!

P.S. - Apparently, so does the Rocktron Hush pedal. I never tried one of those. It's cheaper than the ISP, but it might be good. I don't know. Maybe someone else does. I've had a few beers (8 or 9) anyway, so don't even pay attention to me. :ROTF:
      Last edited by zeegler; 12-24-2007, 04:49 PM.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have the older Rocktron Hush The Pedal. Its nice in that it has an A and B switch so you can set two different thresholds, one lower than the other, that way if you switch to a lower gain sound which is still noisy but don't want the noise gate to kill your sustain you simply push the button to go to the other setting on the Hush. Pretty simple really and those older Hush pedals are all metal so they stand up to abuse. In my rack I used a Hush II CX which worked great as well. Never tried a Decimator and right now I don't even use a Hush either.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I had the newer 1 knob HUSH pedal. Wasn't bad, did a good job. After I got an amp with an effects loop, and didn't have to run them in front of the amp, I didn't need it anymore. I sold it to someone here, just can't remember who.

Comment

ive used the ISP, and it does wonders...then again its the only noise gate ive used

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
              ive used the ISP, and it does wonders...then again its the only noise gate ive used
              Ditto! I took all the recommendations and bought one and have been very pleased!!
              I love admins!

Comment

Never used the Hush pedals. Had a Rocktron Prophesy II w/Hush built in. It was pretty good overall. The Proph was a tone sponge though. Made it hard to tell how well the hush unit inside really worked.

I've tried the ISP Dec pedal once. It was amazing. I've been told by someone who owns the rack version that it's the dog's bollocks. According to ISP the Dec stuff is NOT a noise gate at all. It's something technologically very different. I'm can't say. I'm not qualified. Supposedly, the guy or guys at ISP worked on and/or developed the Hush stuff... the ISP Dec stuff being their new and improved version.

Here's a link if you want to check it out. Have to sit through the demo of other gear before the Dec stuff is demoed, but it explains things a bit. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/docum...tar%20Products
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I have both the ISP pedal and blue hush pedal. The hush kind of "breathes" whenever you bump the strings if you are not playing (and have a lot of gain going) but works fine. I use the ISP because it fits on my pedal board better. I run it into the loop on my boogie.

Comment

I used to own the ISP Decimator pedal. I was very pleased. Killed all the hum, but still let the clean sounds go through. Wherever I put it in the chain, it worked the same. I have never tried the HUSH. I used to own the Boss NS-2 before the ISP. The Boss killed my sustain a lot.
                    Sam

Comment

Just curious, what are you guys using that causes so much noise?
                      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I've got a Decimator Pro RackG waiting at home for me when I get back next week, I'll report back with my thoughts once I've tried it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                          For me its my pedals chain:
                          Guitar > DOD Compressor (also noisy when its on) > Dunlop Wah > Ibanez Ts9 (Ditto for this as I use it to push my amp harder > Amp (lots of mids and trebles heere, which again add to the noise) > MXR EVH Flanger > Line 6 Echo Park (Effects loop for those) > Amp Plus I run my pedals on power supplys, all out of the same outlet, so that probably adds to it. I actually need a noise gate and have been checking out ISP for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                            +1

My setup is pretty basic (guitar->amp->DD-3) but it's dead quiet. I did have a very noisy pedal once (DOD death metal) but I strongly suspect it was due to old wiring in the house (since it was quiet with batteries).
                            Scott

Comment

As I understand it, neither the Decimator nor the Hush is a noise gate in the traditional sense. I can have the "gate" portion of my Hush IICX or older Rocktron Guitar Silencer turned off (dialed back) and it still cuts out most of the hiss from high-gain preamps or distortion pedals. I've been using a two-button Hush pedal for a while now, and although it's not *quite* as good as the rack models, it comes close. The IICX is probably the best value out there, as they routinely sell for under $80 used and are great for studio use due to having two channels.

I'm sure that the Decimator (pedal or rack) is great, but that's a lot of cash to reduce noise that could probably be virtually eliminated with proper tweaking of amp and effects settings.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X