• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange PPC412 Vs Engl E412VG

Orange PPC412 Vs Engl E412VG

Did anyone AB these two?
    The price is about the same.
    Orange has 18ply birch plywood shell,and Engl has Siberian Birch 14 times folded.Both weight about the same and have Celestion V30
    Engl has metal protection for speakers and Orange has some kind of paper material some complain abouth...
    The cab will be pushed with Marshall JCM800 2210
    Play mostly Metal and Rock
    Thanx!

Well i haven't A/B'd them but i only heard positive things about orange cabinets (on the other hand i heard they've loads of bass and are rather dark )

The Engl VG is one of the Engl Cabs i own.

Brilliant cab - very tight due to the construction and frontloaded speaker attachment, cuts through the mix like butter (shouldn't be an issue for you as you have an amp that imho is supreme to everything i heard when it comes to be present in the mix).
    Be aware that this cabinet is rather midrange'y so you'd have to see if you'd like it with a rather midrange'y marshall.
    The cabinet reproduces bass very well - but it REPRODUCES it - it doesn't add any low end like Mesa Standard or Engl XXL cabinet.

My rule of thumb is to use an amp which sounds darker with a brighter cab, if it has loads of bass then get a cab that's gonna stay tight and not muddy up the tone (that's why my mesa cab is gone) and go the opposite way with a bright amp which has less bottom end.

I'd check 'em out both - JCM 800 singlechannel ones aren't bass monsters but you could see if it fits your style - We haven't hooked up my mate's jcm 800 to my engl cabs yet.

I'd say you could also check the XXL cabinet -altough oversized it's very tight, adds some bass but it stays tight even with really bassy amps.

With a marshall you could also try an Engl with Greenbacks - imho a frontloaded cab with greenbacks sounds killer for metal (I know it sounds strange ;-) )

Comment

ive always thought a marshall amp with a mesa/boogie cab sounded good (also i like a mesa/boogie amp with a marshall cab), and the orange is a great cab too...the key is to try each of them out with your amp and guitar before buying

Comment

I also heard the V30 and G12H combination is great
        So if I put two G12Hs in Engl cab to add a llitle bit of bass?
        I think iam on to something

Comment

Working...
        X