Jackson 4x12 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 4x12 cab

Snagged a Jackson 4x12 cab today with the red cone speakers.I was wondering on the back of the speakers it says "Jackson redline" are these supposed to be made by Eminence?
    Its missing the Jackson logo on the front of the cab but for $179.00 no big deal.
    It sounds real tight bottom end wise and has good mid range.breaks up like V30s when pushed hard.
    All in all works great with my rack set up.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I think they are Eminence. Good deal!

Comment

I've been trying to find some info on these but no luck yet.

Comment

I read in the Harmony Central reviews awhile ago that they were indeed Eminence, that someone confirmed it with Jackson.
        I've got a pair of the 2x12s, and they do seem to have the same cone size as Eminence speakers.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I did a side by side and they look exactly like the Eminence frames and cones so I guess that confirms it.
          They sound pretty good too.I gave the cab a "sound" thrashing for a few hours and no rattles no buzziness solid as a rock.

Comment

pics or you lie

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              I did a side by side and they look exactly like the Eminence frames and cones so I guess that confirms it.
              They sound pretty good too.I gave the cab a "sound" thrashing for a few hours and no rattles no buzziness solid as a rock.
              They do sound very good. Here's a pic of my 2x12s.

Comment

The black Jackson speakers are Eminence, and the red ones are Jensen from what I recall. I'll have to dig up my old info.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ryan see what you can find out.The red ones sure look like Eminence side by side.

Comment

I believe both the black and red speakers were Eminence.

Comment

hey stray,

i was in louisville last week and music-go-round has a jackson head (not lee jackson, though they have one of those too) if you're interested in one of those. it's pretty cheap

Comment

If there are numbers to be found on the frame they would help id the manufacterer. First 3 numbers stamped into the frame usually indicate make followed by a production date.

Comment

Yeah baby!!

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The Jackson JG-3 head that MGR has used to be mine I traded it for some other stuff.That JG-3 head is bad ass and just been re-tubed and biased.
                            It has a great sizzle and gain out the ass.
                            I may go back and buy it back I kind of miss it.
                            The Ampeg Lee Jackson V100 looks killer too I asked Rick the price and he quoted me $800.00 I need to do more research on the Ampeg V series amps before I consider that one.
                            What time were you there Git.? I rolled in there around 12:30 Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              The Jackson JG-3 head that MGR has used to be mine I traded it for some other stuff.That JG-3 head is bad ass and just been re-tubed and biased.
                              It has a great sizzle and gain out the ass.
                              I may go back and buy it back I kind of miss it.
                              The Ampeg Lee Jackson V100 looks killer too I asked Rick the price and he quoted me $800.00 I need to do more research on the Ampeg V series amps before I consider that one.
                              What time were you there Git.? I rolled in there around 12:30 Sun.
                              i was there a couple of days before xmas

i sold my ampeg vl1002 for $300. You can usually get them (even through mgr) for less than $600. the $800 is a bit steep

i just bought a jsx head, so i had to pass on the jackson. it looked like it was in great shape

Comment

Working...
                              X