No announcement yet.

please recommend a wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing next to nothing about wahs...does optical mean that instead of using a potentiometer of some sort to tell the pedal position a laser radar-ish system is used?
    Scott

Comment

thanks's for opening this thread, i'm in the same situation right now...i'm going to expand my live gear with a few fx pedals, delay and wah namely, but i haven't decided on which model/brand to get.

so, the favorite around here clearly seems to be the bad horsie 2...what i'm wondering is, does it do a mike amott type of wah sound? sorry for the dumb question, but i'm a total wah rookie. all i know is that i do NOT want a trebly wah sound like hammett, but a full and vocal like amott type wah to accent a few bends etc, maybe even use it like a filter at times.

so, would the BH2 be the right choice for me, or am i better off with a cry baby? afaik amott is using the rackmount cry baby, but frankly i don't want to go rack, nor do i want to spend that much :-)

Comment

I have a Crybaby Classic that works for well for me. It sounds old school, just the way I like it.

Comment

I had an electro harmonix wah when I was in high school, it had like 5 million adjustments and I loved but maybe I'm just being nostalgic.

More recently I owned a 530 Q which was nice, but I wasn't super stoked on the tone, it was ok though.

I'm thinking about those teese wahs that are super adjustable, but also super expensive:

Analog Man presents Teese Real McCoy Wah Wah pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner View Post
            Dunlop 530 Q
            Is that an old one or a new one? They've got a 535Q. http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...p_and_e_detail
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I get by with the Cry Baby from Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Is that an old one or a new one? They've got a 535Q. http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...p_and_e_detail
                I guess I had the 535Q, it was like 5-6 years ago - it sounds like they've made some update to a new version,

It sounded ok, but I was unhappy with the change in tone when it was switched on. Obviously change in tone is the point of a wah, but it just didn't sound good to me.

But I should start looking for another wah, especially since I've been listening to Hendrix Cry of Love which has awsome wah all over it

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. I really don't know what exactly I'm looking for...something like Nugent's solo in High Enough (Damn Yankees)
                  I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

See if you can try some out in person, with your guitar and amp if possible, there's some personal preference involved in wahs, both for sound and the feel.

Comment

Budda Wah works great for me.

Comment

I like the 535Q. It's been a very dependable piece.

Comment

Working...
                        X