Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamMan, RC-2, Micro BR?

Hi –

I am looking into recording. Presently, I am using my Creative mp3 player’s mic and then transferring to my laptop. Then I use Audacity to convert to mp3 format. What is annoying is that I have record separately the rhythm and lead (without hearing either, i.e. play lead without hearing rhythm) and then use Audacity to overlay them. While this works it is very tedious. Also I have to make sure the tv is off and no one in the house is around talking.

So I was looking into the following:
    Digitech JamMan
    Boss micro br
    Boss RC-2
    Boss RC-20

From what I can tell they all should do what I want. I don’t need the reverse feature of the Boss RC-20 so it is out.

Which of the three (Micro BR, RC-2, or JamMan) would you recommend?
    I like that all three have some basic drums with the micro br being a bit more “advanced” than the other two. I would also like the ability to transfer the loops to my laptop. I believe the RC-2 is the only one which cannot do that?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance,

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

I dont know a whole lot about them...but I think what you are looking for is the MicroBR. Although im sure you could pretty much do the same thing with the JamMan it is more of a looper. I would want something like the JamMan so I could play along with myself, and the BR to record.

Then again, I could be completely off here...

Comment

I was going over the micro br in more depth. With it, i cannot use my amp unless i use the mic feature which is redundant in my case. So i might be leaning more toward the rc-2......

jeff
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      Kiesel Aries
      Charvel USA Wild Card #3
      EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Working...
      X