differencies between marshall 1936 and 1922 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differencies between marshall 1936 and 1922 cab

hi everyone and happy new year ( i know a bit late, but i`m just back from my well deserved holidays ).

i want to buy a 2 x 12" cab, i just wonder what the differencies are between a marshall 1936 and a 1922 ?

any help?

thanks in advance

1936 is oversized and much taller... more bass. 1922 has a lower profile/is smaller has less bass. Other than that I can't tell you much other than I like the 1936 more than the 1922 but, I like other manufacturer's 2X12 cabs better on the whole anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Also, I think the 1936's are the same width as the head, so it looks neater/beefier.

Comment

what other manufacturers do you suggest me to look at?
        nothing too expensive, but still good.
        i`m open to suggestions...

p.s. ah,it`s got to be available in the UK, don`t want to pay for shipping it from abroad )

Comment

i used to use a marshall 1936. liked it a lot, now i use a vertical mesa recto 2x12 and LOVE it....but i DID cut the back in half!! i prefer the sound of open back cabs.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'd still look at the 1936, maybe swap out the 75's for V30's. Orange 2x12's sound incredible too. Depends what your budget is. I think 1936's are around £240 new in the UK, £150 second hand.

Comment

The 1922 was originally designed for use with Marshall's JCM 900 2X12 combos as an extension cabinet. It has the gold piping to match those combos and is the exact width as well. The 1936 was originally designed for use with full size Marshall heads and as such, is the same width as those heads. However, each of those cabs has stereo inputs so you can use them in many other applications.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...net?sku=481321
                yup......
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by eiopago View Post
                  what other manufacturers do you suggest me to look at?
                  nothing too expensive, but still good.
                  i`m open to suggestions...

p.s. ah,it`s got to be available in the UK, don`t want to pay for shipping it from abroad )
                  Why not look at Laney or Orange... since they're UK companies you'll come out alright and I personally think they sound better. Orange is darker and Laney is a less expensive slightly better than a Marshall sort of sound.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                  X