No announcement yet.

Marshall DSL401 now at $1,119.99 wow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL401 now at $1,119.99 wow...

At the time I bought this amp it was at $659.99 and now its at $1,119.99, how come it went up at double the price?

The only good thing is that I can now say that I have a 1k amp .
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Wow... you made a nice profit there. I had one about six years ago and I paid about the same $699. It wasn't a bad amp I guess.

Comment

Lately, the selling price still seems to be under $500 on eBay.
      Sam

Comment

I saw a used one at GC last year for $399. I should have bought it!
        Scott

Comment

When I bought a Soldano Astroverb combo a few years ago it was under $700 and now they are also around $1100. I guess more people have been buying small tube amps recently.

Comment

that price doesn't seem right. resell on the discontinued JCM 2000's make them really affordable now

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
              At the time I bought this amp it was at $659.99 and now its at $1,119.99, how come it went up at double the price?

The only good thing is that I can now say that I have a 1k amp .
              There is a difference between asking price and actually getting paid. For example, if I have lumps of crap for sale for $1,119.99 that I bought for $659.99, do you really think someone will buy my crap for that price?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                There is a difference between asking price and actually getting paid. For example, if I have lumps of crap for sale for $1,119.99 that I bought for $659.99, do you really think someone will buy my crap for that price?
                Apparently if you put a Marshall emblem on those lumps they will
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  Lately, the selling price still seems to be under $500 on eBay.
                  There's a reason for that...

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    When I bought a Soldano Astroverb combo a few years ago it was under $700 and now they are also around $1100. I guess more people have been buying small tube amps recently.
                    No comparing these two amps however... The Soldano doesn't suck!

Comment

I wouldn't say the Marshall sucks, but it's overpriced for sure.

Comment

I'm not and never have been too much of a modern Marshall guy. Call me old school or what not butI like the old Plexis and the EL84 20/20. Also the monster rack dual mono blocks. After that it's just another Marshall to me. With all the reported problems w/the TSL's I've been hearing/reading, it may push some towards the DSL's. Haven't heard much complaining about the DSL's. But WTF do I know? Very little when it comes to Marshalls except for the few amps I really liked. Price could be less important for an amp you realy like. But anything w/a Marshall label seems to require extra blood to obtain. Even if the blood recipient is already dead. Have to admit though, the Marshall emblem looks really kewl amidst the flames while the rig is burning.
                        In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                          I wouldn't say the Marshall sucks, but it's overpriced for sure.

I had the DSL 50 watt head, and thought that was alright. Wayne & Mike Charvel bought it from a friend of mine.

I had the DSL401 combo - I couldn't get rid of it fast enough!!! There was no comparison between the two amps...to my ears anyway. The only way to make it even bearable was to plug it into a 2x12 closed Marshall cab. And then I hated it a little less.

Comment

Working...
                          X