What kind of pup do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of pup do I have?

I recently ordered a Seymour Duncan full shred humbucker (SSH-10B) and got it today.
    However, there is one small problem.
    I ordered a bridge pickup, I double checked the website and it clearly states that it is in fact a bridge pup but on the back of the box it says it's a neck pup.

How do I know what I have? I have no need for a neck pup so I'll have to return it if that's what it is.

The B at the end means Bridge...
    Your fine
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Great pickup...you should like it if you're looking for a tight, cutting tone.

Comment

I only had that pickup once in the bridge of one of my Rhoads'. I did not like it at all, it had no guts to it despite what the name implies. The Full Shred is on my list of pups to not ever use again in the bridge position. Pearly Gates is another one that I thought was pretty weak as a bridge pup but makes for a good neck pup. Others may like those as bridge pups but not me As toddstaples said, the B at the end of the name designation means youo have a bridge pickup. However, unless its a trem spaced pup I don't think it makes much difference. If it was trem spaced it would be a TB rather than SH at the begining of the designation. What guitar are you planning on putting in? String thru or Floyd?
        Last edited by roodyrocker; 01-09-2008, 09:11 PM.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

good point roody. I bought an older Iby RG with their floyd rip off trem, and some goof had loaded it with a standard spaced pickup. It looked funny that way. I swapped it with an F spaced pickup

Comment

Is that the Iby the guitar you plan to put it in? Anyway, let me know how that Full Shred sounds when you get it installed. I'd like to know if you thought it was weak as I did or if it worked out good for you.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Um...what does this have to do with amps & effects? Try Tech next time...

The Full Shred is NOT a high output bucker. Don't buy a p'up for the name. It's a GREAT p'up though. I had it in a couple Gunslingers, and really enjoyed it. It goes well with a heavily overdriven amp. It keeps nice definition and is a very articulate p'up.
              Last edited by chrisolson; 01-10-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

W

What's the little sticker on the back of the pick-up say? Screw what the box or web-site says. If the the sticker on the PuP itself ends with a b then its a bridge...n for neck...

Comment

"...what does this have to do with amps & effects? Try Tech next time..."
                  Sorry...my bad.

I was planning on putting it in a floyded guitar. Guess I should-ve gotten an f-spaced pup...D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                    What's the little sticker on the back of the pick-up say? Screw what the box or web-site says. If the the sticker on the PuP itself ends with a b then its a bridge...n for neck...
                    Thank you. Can't believe everyone else totally missed this important fact.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X