GT-8 or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-8 or?

I need an effects floor platform, with all the basics, like the GT-8, but I don't need patches or modeling. just all the standard effects(chorus/flanger/phaser/screamer/tremelo/delay), a good tuner, and a wah/volume pedal. but I do want a Midi controller, as my new amp has that and it will be a supreme way of setting it up.

any other options out there besides the GT-8 in this category, just no modeling?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

I've been gassing for the TC GSystem, but that may be a bit overkill. Sounds amazing though.

Comment

Boss ME-50
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
        Boss ME-50
        thanks man, that's exactly what I meant.
        perfect!

Comment

well, actually on further inspection, the ME-50, while very cool in many aspects, has some drawbacks:
          - no midi connection
          - can't run chorus and flanger at same time
          - everyone says the wah sucks

plus the GT-8 has the acoustic simulator in it too.

I guess I just have to ignore the modeling parts of the GT-8

Comment

Wait and see the new Rocktron Utopia model that they will put out in this NAMM, it will be killer!
            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
            custom made Les Paul
            VOX Tonelab LE
            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
            ADA MP1
            BBE 422A
            Lexicon MPX-G2
            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
            Support Your Local 81

Comment

yeah the rocktron stuff is pretty top notch.

the GT-8 would also suit you well with the 4 cable method.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

GT8 user here. I'm using it with the preamps set on OFF. The OD/disto pedals can come handy for some added grind or saturation.

If your amp is MIDI, the GT8 could also switch the channels on it.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

There's the new ME-20.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/ME-20/index.html
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                    GT8 user here. I'm using it with the preamps set on OFF. The OD/disto pedals can come handy for some added grind or saturation.

If your amp is MIDI, the GT8 could also switch the channels on it.
                    this is exactly what I want to achieve, sounds like I'll be doing the same with the GT-8.

thanks everyone for the suggestions, it's really helped me get a clue.

Comment

the gt-8 is the way to go. When I feel like it, I can use the amp models. If i dont want, I have my JMP-1 hooked on via 4-cable method. So, one patch brings up a rectifier simulation and the next patch brings up the JMP-1. Pretty awesome what the gt-8 can do. On the other hand, is there anything it cant do?

It can even play by itself. The "auto-riff" or some effect like that. you play one note, it plays the rest.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        It can even play by itself. The "auto-riff" or some effect like that. you play one note, it plays the rest.
                        I like that one. It makes me seem like I can shred by just playing one note! :ROTF:
                        Then again, my GT-8 doesn't get much use and seems to sit in its case most of the time.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There are some others that top the GT-8...but then they are double
                          the price too! Under $700.00? NOTHING tops the Boss GT-8 imo
                          I would like to check out the TC Electronic stuff some day...but
                          im afraid i may love it, and then have to shell out $1700.00!

Comment

The word on the gt-8 forums is that Boss outdid themselves with the gt-8. they have nothing more to add except to make a firmware change permanent. On the current gt-8, it seems if you try to upgrade the firmware, you end up frying the unit and the upgrade is not even worth the effort. GT-8 was introduced in Dec 2004 or something. Its been 3 years with no upgrades.
                            Sam

Comment

well I grabbed one off eSlay today for 3 bills, about the best deal I could find.

emperor, I would never know you are a GT-8 fan seriously, thanks for the Brilliance downloadable document, that should come in very handy. I've heard the manual on this thing is sketchy.

I really want my new amp to do all the preamp work with the tube distortion and then have the effects from the unit in the loop and then have midi control of everything from the floor unit. that last part is the icing.

anyone know, if you are doing the midi connection/control, do you still need to do the 4 cable method?

Comment

Working...
                              X