Got myself a talk box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself a talk box

I've wanted a talk box ever since I found out exactly how Richie Sambora achieved that sound in the riff to Livin' on a Prayer. I've never really had the extra cash though. However, I saved cash all year 2007 so I could be able to update my whole rig, as I'm planning on trying to form a hair metal cover band.

A few weeks ago I was browsing youtube videos and came accross a review of the Rocktron banshee talk box. It seemed easy to use (no need for an extra stack just to run it). I thought about it for a day or two and decided to get it.

I got it last week but wasn't really able to try it out as I had to go on a business trip. When I got back I bought a mic stand to strap the tube to and been going "whooohaarrrrwhooooo" for a couple of days now.
    Great fun, especially hitting a harmonic or doing a dive bomb.
    And I'm finally able to play Livin' on a Prayer as it should be played.

What do you want from me - Pink Floyd has some great talk box there too! and many others!
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

Just no frickin' Frampton, okay?

When I think of good talk box use, I look no further than Herr Mathias Jabs.

Comment

Do you feel?
        Scott

Comment

I have the Heil Talk box and it works great. I A/B/Y it with and 5150 and my Triple Rec. It really sux having to carry and extra amplifer, but it gives me more control over the signal. Eventually, I'm going to try to get a Crate Power Block for the Talk Box.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasaberg View Post
            I bought a mic stand to strap the tube to and been going "whooohaarrrrwhooooo" for a couple of days now.

LOL. Sorry, I just had a vision of you talking on the phone, or asking your wife to pass the mashed potatoes, at the dinner table, through it!

I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
              LOL. Sorry, I just had a vision of you talking on the phone, or asking your wife to pass the mashed potatoes, at the dinner table, through it!

Well, no wife...but the phone idea was good. I think I'll try that sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Do you feel?

....Like we do...

Congrats! Thanks for the review on the unit!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

so you don't need another amp to run the Rocktron unit? sweet! I've always stayed away from the others because of the need for more amps. time to go shopping

Comment

I could use someone to "show me the way" to "the zoo" using a talkbox.
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Joe Walsh, Rocky Mountain Way.
                      I have a really old Guitar Magazine book where
                      Joe gives proper credit to the inventor, Les Paul.

Comment

Working...
                      X