New Boss GT-10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
    I dont know why Boss decided to go the white route.
    it's silver, bro.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
      Dammit. I'm now two GT models behind. Oh well.
      I'm three behind.

But I got 5 patch buttons on my GT-5. And I need them all.
      At first I thought with the GT-10 they would have gone back to 5, but it's still 4 patch buttons and two CTL... ah well.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I only use 2 patch buttons on my GT5

The only reason I want to upgrade to the GT8 is because it has a tubescreamer model which I could use to boost my 5150 as opposed to the Natural OD model I'm using on the GT5... I seriously doubt they are going to sound much different, but I'm a nitpicky little bugger like that haha... I know it would make way more sense to buy a real OD808 or something and use that live, but I don't want to have anything except my floor processor in front of me, that's the same reason I spent the extra $300 to get the Decimator ProRackG instead of the pedal version

Anyone able to attest to how different the Tubescreamer and Natural OD models in the GT8 sound when used to boost the drive channel on your amp? I don't use 10% of the GT5s capabilities so the amount of stuff that I would ignore in the GT8 is mind-boggling .... We'll see how cheap they actually get I guess! If I can find one for $275-$300 I'll be all over it...

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
          Anyone able to attest to how different the Tubescreamer and Natural OD models in the GT8 sound when used to boost the drive channel on your amp?
          Yes, they do sound very different. The Natural OD is fatter than the TS to begin with. The natural OD add a nice fat to a thinner sounding model like the edge lead for example while the TS add a nice thinner, cutting bite to a fatter model like the rectifier vintage1 for example.

To be honest, most of the times, I use only the booster pedal.
          Sam

Comment

The tube screamer is my fav in the GT8... And I also own a TS7 and TS9 pedal... I like the edgy grind it adds to my Marshall DSL50 pre looped in the GT8. I sometimes alos use the OD-1 sim.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

BTW, for those who haven't seen it yet, Boss GT-10 demo

Flagship Floorboard Multi-EffectsFeaturesMeet the new flagship of the BOSS multi-effects family. The GT-10, driven by BOSS' latest custom-made DSP and propri...
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                How much would a GT-8 go for now? I was waiting for the new Rocktron Utopia Models because I didn't have the $$$ for a GT-8, but maybe this will do the trick.
                ***** Ill let mine go for only $445.00 !! ( What i paid new), cause'
                ive got some monster presets, and you have to pay me at least 10 cents
                an hour for the time it took me to make them !!:ROTF:
                Seriously...i would sell mine for around $300 shipped IF and when i
                decide to get rid of it. That GT 10 would have to really impress me, or
                im staying put!
                THIS is NOT a for sale post.. Sorry if it had a "shill" vibe.. :-))

Comment

Ok Kiddies !! Here is a stolen Vid of the GT-10 being demo'd
                  at NAMM on Sunday... This guy is a bad ass too! Check it out.
                  And ive seen another vid on the Roland site, which really shows
                  how this thing can be divided, and merged between 2 amps...schweeet!

Here is the other vid, showing more variety... good stuff!

Roland Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, audio processors, and multimedia products.
                  Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-21-2008, 10:51 PM.

Comment

A stolen vid?? Yeah right.. A poor attempt at guerilla marketing I would say.

Comment

i think i'll hold tight to my GT8, and wait for the GT12. um ... then again, i couldn't get much for it by then, so maybe i should sell now? i dunno ... so confused.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

screw it. looking at the ebay and i would be lucky to hit $300. so i'd be out $150 plus another $455 for a new one which means about $600 plus for a new one. i can live with the GT8 at this point
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                          List price is $695.00. Retails for: $499.00
                          *** Shit, i paid $440.00 at Sam Ash 9 months ago. This is great news!
                          $60 more? Schweeet!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                            List price is $695.00. Retails for: $499.00
                            *** Shit, i paid $440.00 at Sam Ash 9 months ago. This is great news!
                            $60 more? Schweeet!

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                              I only use 2 patch buttons on my GT5

The only reason I want to upgrade to the GT8 is because it has a tubescreamer model which I could use to boost my 5150 as opposed to the Natural OD model I'm using on the GT5... I seriously doubt they are going to sound much different, but I'm a nitpicky little bugger like that haha... I know it would make way more sense to buy a real OD808 or something and use that live, but I don't want to have anything except my floor processor in front of me, that's the same reason I spent the extra $300 to get the Decimator ProRackG instead of the pedal version

Anyone able to attest to how different the Tubescreamer and Natural OD models in the GT8 sound when used to boost the drive channel on your amp? I don't use 10% of the GT5s capabilities so the amount of stuff that I would ignore in the GT8 is mind-boggling .... We'll see how cheap they actually get I guess! If I can find one for $275-$300 I'll be all over it...
                              But for the price of a used GT-8...your getting about 50 variations on
                              Preamps! You say your picky? Imagine tweaking the mic angles..(5 different mics btw) and 20 different modelled amps... and a great EQ.
                              That alone is worth the extra $250.00 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                                But for the price of a used GT-8...your getting about 50 variations on
                                Preamps! You say your picky? Imagine tweaking the mic angles..(5 different mics btw) and 20 different modelled amps... and a great EQ.
                                That alone is worth the extra $250.00 imo.
                                Exactly why I don't ever want to ever use modelling for my guitar tones ever again! When I have that many options to play with, I will NEVER settle on a tone and I'll spend 10 times as much time tweaking as I will playing!

I'll use it for clean patches and effects only. Aside from that, give me my 5150 please! Simplicity at it's finest, haha...

Comment

Working...
                                X