No announcement yet.

New Boss GT-10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy to stay with my GT-8. The GT-10 looks like Boss' answer to Line 6's X3 Live. They've obviously caught on to the idea of the bigger LCD screen and USB port. They've copied the X3's dual engine idea and also added a built in Phrase Loop function. The latter would be the only reason for me to buy one, which I won't.

As for the PC software, I've got a MIDI to USB adapter for my GT-8 which works fine with a couple of 3rd party editors I got from the GT Forum.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      I'm happy to stay with my GT-8. The GT-10 looks like Boss' answer to Line 6's X3 Live. They've obviously caught on to the idea of the bigger LCD screen and USB port. They've copied the X3's dual engine idea and also added a built in Phrase Loop function. The latter would be the only reason for me to buy one, which I won't.
      +1

As for the PC software, I've got a MIDI to USB adapter for my GT-8 which works fine with a couple of 3rd party editors I got from the GT Forum.
      +2
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I might pick up one of these and ditch my GS-10 and GT-8.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

How much would a GT-8 go for now? I was waiting for the new Rocktron Utopia Models because I didn't have the $$$ for a GT-8, but maybe this will do the trick.
          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
          custom made Les Paul
          VOX Tonelab LE
          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
          ADA MP1
          BBE 422A
          Lexicon MPX-G2
          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
          Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
            You know what the best part about this coming out is? Now I can get a GT8 for cheap! I like the look of the GT8 better personally, although that is obviously the least important part of an an FX pedal haha... I can't imagine what this could possibly do that would make it a serious improvement over the GT8, that is an incredible pedal...
            Just what I was thinking. Send us those old GT-8s!
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Anyone have any idea when these are actually coming out? Nothing on the Boss site

Comment

Thanks benoA for posting the link. Lot of talk about it on the gt forums huh? Havent visited the forum in a while.

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                just when I went and got me a GT-8
                :ROTF: sorry man. But dont worry, you wont be dissapointed. Think of the gt-8 as a warmup before you buy the gt-10.

They've copied the X3's dual engine idea and also added a built in Phrase Loop function.
                I dont understand what you mean. they've always had the two amps at once idea. It was line6 which was playing catch-up. Agreed the phrase loop is new.

Gt-8's two amps at once was rather limited. You can have only two amps and two cabs. but effects were all single. I think line6 took it up a notch and gave two complete rigs at once. Is that what you meant?
                Sam

Comment

TheBigZ: I would hazard a guess, but it would be 6 months+ before the UK does..
                  EmperorBlack: Yes I meant that, or to be more subtle, they saw Line6 was becoming a threat and took steps to put themselves ahead.
                  Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-18-2008, 07:19 PM.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

List price is $695.00. Retails for: $499.00
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'd retire my GT-5 for a GT-10
                      I like the duel CTL 1 and 2 pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                        List price is $695.00. Retails for: $499.00
                        $499????? so the GT-8 will be really go cheap now.
                        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                        custom made Les Paul
                        VOX Tonelab LE
                        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                        ADA MP1
                        BBE 422A
                        Lexicon MPX-G2
                        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                        Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          :ROTF: sorry man. But dont worry, you wont be dissapointed. Think of the gt-8 as a warmup before you buy the gt-10.
                          nah, by the time I wear out the GT-8, they'll have a 14 or some such.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Probably. BTW, I dont like the way the gt-10 looks. I think it was a bad decision. While the industry standard is black or some darker colors, I dont know why Boss decided to go the white route. or is it available in black also?
                            Last edited by emperor_black; 01-20-2008, 10:18 PM.
                            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                              You know what the best part about this coming out is? Now I can get a GT8 for cheap! I like the look of the GT8 better personally, although that is obviously the least important part of an an FX pedal haha... I can't imagine what this could possibly do that would make it a serious improvement over the GT8, that is an incredible pedal...
                              Phrase sampler...looper/recorder..but i dont know "How many seconds?

( now i do...it's only 38 seconds..)
                              Last edited by Robert Burns; 04-26-2008, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Dammit. I'm now two GT models behind. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X